Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen: Bar Buddies
Cade
***

I parked and unbuckled as I looked at the building and then at Daisy I was a little unsure why she had opted to come here instead of the movies.

Then as if she could hear my thoughts she responded.

"Dont' worry I didn't bring you here to murder you...It's a bar my old highschool friends and I use to sneak over to...thought we could have some drinks and this would give us a chance to talk some more."

I had to admit that I was a little thrown off, sure I prefered this idea to...say, the movies. But I couldn't help but wonder why?

"Do I intrigue you Daisy."

I was taking liberties, I understood that I could push her too far, scare her away...but something told me that Daisy wouldn't easily give up or submit.

"You could say that." She smirked as she let herself out of the car.

She walked up to the door and held out her ID, I moved quicly to keep pace with her and followed suit.

I found that this wasn't like your ordinary bar, sure upon entry there was your everyday run of the mill pub style joint with a large bar.

"Follow me." she sounded over the song playing on the more modern jukebox.

She led me to the stairs and made her way up, once more I followed behind her, but this time there was no reason I had to control my obvious lustful stares.

Perhaps she felt my eyes on her as she turned back and caught me looking at her. She didn't say anything except she shook her head and contiuned on her way...call me crazy but I could swear I saw her smiling at catching me in the act of staring at her ass.

Once we reached the second level I was surprised to find this seemed like a chill spot. There were sofas and small bistro style tables for two that filled the small space, they all seemed to face a small platform that was used as a stage, currently a man was playing a guitar while a lady sang. The lighting in here was specialty lighting, taking on whichever hue the performer chose, tonight the artists seemed to favor a red light, casting a warm glow over the entire room.

"Theres a seat up there." She said, I noticed she stepped in close to me to announce this instead of just walking over knowing I was following her anyways.

I nodded and she moved forward to an open love seat.

We sat and watched the singer and guitar player perform, the lady had a calming voice and the music had a relaxed feel to it, it definitely matched the vibe of the place.

When the waitress came over Daisy surprised me, much like earlier when I had ordered for her she took the liberty to order beers for the both of us.

I had no objections as I would've ordered the same, but it did make me take a moment to notice that versus this mornings more made-up and classy style...Daisy seemed more, casual.

"Don't most girls drink those drinks?" I asked.

She shrugged, "Maybe I'm not most girls." She smiled cooly. "To be honest two of 'those drinks' as you put it will have me drunk and I'm trying to get to know more about you and enjoy my evening...so beer works."

I admired her honesty and so I told her.

"I admire your honesty Daisy...it's rare that someone can be so open with others."

"I have my secrets." She said, this time a hint of shame laced her words.

"Trust me...we all do." I replied while thinking that the only reason I was here was to get an alliance first and foremost.