Sixty One

Chapter Sixty One: Presentings
Daisy
***

"Are you sure you're ready for this?" Cade asked as he stroked the back of my hand with his thumb.

We were on our way to the pack house...Today was the day, The day I would officially be presented to everyone in the pack.

I looked at him and smiled, "I am ready...I didn't think I would be, but I am."

He smiled softly, "you don't know how long I've waited for this, to have a woman worthy of being my pack's Luna."

"Not much pressure then." I smirked.

He shook his head and then kissed my hand, "You My Flower are already a better Luna than I could've ever hoped for...Our pack and I are so lucky to have you."

I smiled at him. "I love You."

"I love you." He replied and drove on.

Cade and I decided that after my presenting we'd have a meeting with Ieston and Blithe to check on them, and to also discuss the business of the Beta position."

After talking with Cade a couple of nights ago I feel that we had reached a happy medium that would best benefit the pack.

It was pretty early in the day...All the presentings I'd ever been to had always been at night, but I kind of wanted to get the offical presenting over with and Cade assured me that the pack wouldn't mind partying all day long and he wouldn't be surprised if it even extended well into the night.

We pulled up to the pack house and it was flooded with people, some were carrying flowers and food, some children ran around, there were some men who looked to be surveying the place, and others simply talked.

I smiled as the bustle of the pack members seemed to be filled with an air of joy and excitment and it radiated onto me as I walked through them all.

"So I know I told you, you would be presented alone today...but I hope you don't mind sharing the stage too much as there is someone else I need to present to you and the pack."

"I thought we were going to have the meeting about the Beta position later on?"

"We still are, this isn't in refrence to our pack Beta, but rather to the Luna's Guard."

"The Luna's Guard?"

He nodded, "Theo has been your acting Luna's Guard although you've chosen to call him your babysitter." He smirked. "Here in IronSmith the Luna role yields much more than just the counterpart title to my own...as you can imagine the pack's Luna is pretty damn important and someone so important requires the utmost respect and protection."

"So Theo will be my personal body guard?"

He nodded, "being the Luna's Guard is quite a prestigious role My Flower... here in IronSmith we cherish and respect our females as highly as we can because you are more fierce than we are and because...well, you all give life and make us stronger...my entire packs guard already knows about you...they all volunteered to lay their lives on the line for you and be your personal Luna's guard, but I selected Theo."

I blushed a little as I wasn't taking it as seriously as I should..."Sorry, we don't have Luna Guards back in Sunderland, so I didn't know the honor in which it held, I promise to treat the role with more respect...to be honest I thought you were just being overly paranoid and wanting to know my every move." I admitted.

He grinned and wrapped his arm around my waist as he led me through the crowd. "While I love you and do want to know everything that has to do with you and will always worry when it comes to you...Theo has been chosen to join an elite group of men to protect not only the Luna but by doing so also the future of this pack."