Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen: A Drunk Mind Speaks
Daisy
***

The beers seemed never ending, the soft music mixed with the ambient lighting was beginning to be too much I looked over at Cade, he was watching the act perform but I noticed now how close we seemed to have gotten on the small sofa.

It was funny, even here in this bar, with other people all around us, alcoholic beverages, bar snacks...I could pick up his scent.

Perhaps my wolf was beginning to familiarize it...It was woodsy for sure, but crisp and clean...kinda like an expensive aftershave.

It was oddly comforting.

"You smell nice."

"What's that?" He asked as he turned his attention back to me.

"You...I said you smell nice."

His cheek lifted in what would be a smirk, "Yeah?"

I nodded, "Yeah...you smell like pricey cologne or designer aftershave."

He chuckled, "You know I've always wondered what my scent smells like...I'm glad you like the way it smells."

"What do I smell like?"

I was clearly bordering drunk now, who in the hell asks someone what they smell like? Oh well too late now.

He shrugged, "I can't really smell you right now."

I titlted my head to the side, exposing my neck. "Go ahead." I said.

He looked at me before he looked at my neck, he scooted a bit closer and reached out. I felt as he lightly brushed my hair back, his fingertips gliding across my skin ever so softly. I held back the shiver that ran through me now...thankfully I was also wearing a long sleeve top as I was now rippled with goosebumps.

He carefully leaned in now and touched his nose to my neck, and at that same time I lost it.

I put my hands against his chest and my forehead against his shoulder as I tried to contain my laughter, I had failed horribly.

He held still as he registered what was happening but once he understood that I was laughing he relaxed and let me get it all out.

"I'm sorry." I said as I sat up and looked at him, "Your beard tickled me."

He smiled, "I figured as much...How about we get out of here."

I nodded, I knew once I started moving I'd sober up. Also I had just made a scene with my fit of laughter so it was best that we left. Cade walked up to the bar to sign off on the bill and we went outside immediately after.

The fresh air hit me. It was colder than I expected it to be but I held my composure.

"Could we go for a walk?"

He nodded,"While I don't mind, may I ask why?"

I began walking toward the back of the building knowing that there's a pretty lake just beyond the tree line.

"Walking helps sober me up, plus I'm not really too thrilled about going home yet."

"I could be mistaken and I really mean no offense so forgive me if I'm out of line...but sounds like you're a little bored with your life."

I shrugged, "I mean I don't really have room for complaint, I'm blessed in a lot of ways...but at 22, lets just say this is hardly the life I had imagined for myself."

"I understand completely...at least you don't have the weight of a pack on your shoulders ." I added.

"Don't I?" She asked. "Do you know My father wants an Alliance with you?"