Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen: Change of Plans
Cade
***

She was bold for sure, toying with me in front of her father...

'So she kept our day together to herself.'

{Smart Girl}

'Yes she is.'

"Please just call me Cade." I said as I shook her hand.

"It's always nice meeting my father's business associates."

"Well I have to admit it was relaxtion that brought me here."

"Well I hope you find exactly what you need here, be it rest and relaxation or even knew friendships."

"I hope so too." I said, with a smile...she had a funny way of bringing a smile to my face more often than not.

"And with that, how about we join Nancy in the Dining room." Alpha Hugo offered in a friendly fashion. He motioned for Daisy to take the lead and together he and I walked behind her.

To be honest I hadn't missed her hourglass figure earlier in the day, and now was no different but this time I wouldn't even risk checking her out in front of her parents...despite the fact that she was making things fucking difficult as she was now wearing pants that may as well have been painted on.

Hugo Took his seat opposite his wife at the head of the table and I took a seat opposite Daisy as we all set in for dinner.

_____

Daisy
***

As dinner wrapped up I stood up and thanked my mother for dinner.

"It was delicious as usual mom."

"You rushing off somehwere?" Dad asked.

"Actually I was going to head into town, catch a movie or something." I said.

I really hoped Cade didn't assume I think ill of him, keeping today a secret as well as tonight...the truth was, I know my Dad is pushing me toward Cade so he'd have no problem that we hung-out...but if my Dad was right and this was my last shot at a husband, I'd have to get to know him on my own terms, more organically instead of someone pushing us together.

Call me silly but if Cade does end up liking me, I want him to like me because it was on our terms, and not because some outside party schemed to get us together. Because in the end I'd always question if he genuinely liked me or did he just want to be with me for a personal gain...selfish considering my parents want me married off.

I personally could care less about an Alliance as it's been years since the rogues attacked and my father's pack doesn't exactly need another alliance, at this point Dad's sorta collecting alliances like some people collect baseball cards.

"Well hold on, We've got a guest." Mom sounded.

"Oh I should get going too." Cade sounded slightly confused.

"Well Alpha Cade, Why don't you join my daughter this evening...you know I'd feel a lot better knowing she was with someone instead of just out alone."

"That's a wonderful idea." Mom smiled knowingly.

I know without a shadow of a doubt that Dad had filled Mom in and she would be just as bad about pushing Cade and I together.

"Alpha Cade?" I asked..."Would you like to join me this evening?"

"As long as you don't mind...I'd really hate to burden you Miss Daisy."

"No burden what so ever."

"Well since I'm imposing on your plans the least I can do is pay." He said.

I watched as the corners of his eyes creased with a smile... 'Sneaky Alpha.'

"Oh, I couldn't let you do that...you are our guest Alpha Cade."

"Please Miss Daisy, on my honor as a  gentleman allow me to both escort you this evening as well as foot the bill, it's the least I can do for the hospitality you've all shown me since arriving."

'Oh that bearded devil,playing up his charm.'

"Well then there you have it." Dad sounded proudly, "You two enjoy your evening together and My Luna and I are going to call it an early night.

I grabbed my purse while Cade told my parents goodbye. we left and decided to go in his car, He continued to put on the charade as he opened the passenger side door for me before getting into the car himself.

I buckled up and looked over at him, "You laid it on pretty thick back there Alpha Cade."

He let out a genuine chuckle, "You're one to talk...and I told you I wouldn't let you pay."

"Despite not having a job I actually do have my own money." I filled him in.

And it was the truth, I had 22 years worth of birthday money from various family members alongside the fees I'd charge for doing the odd babysitting job I'd take on...there was never any need to touch those funds as My parents paid for everyting.

"Well I have to admit that i'm a little relieved to know you have money not attached to your father's accounts...I think everyone should have some symblance of independence." He said as he drove toward town.

"Can we go somewhere?" I asked, I suddenly wasn't in the mood to just go to the movies...I want to get to know more about him, and we wouldn't be able to talk in the theater.

"I thought we already were going somewhere?" He smirked.

I shook my head, "Somewhere else...not to the movies."

"Of course, I am at your disposal Daisy."

I smiled, "Okay...take this next left and keep straight until you reach the two story brick building...you can't miss it."

For the first time I noticed his radio was on but he had it on low.

"Do you not care for music?" I asked a little worried I had made a mistake in changing the plans for tonight.

"Oh no...I like music fine, why'd you ask?"

"I don't think I've ever met anyone who drives with their radio down so low."

"Oh...yeah sometimes I'll cut it down if I'm tring to work something out."

I understood now, he had something on his mind...could it have any reason as to why he's in town?

"Well I hope whatever you have to work out doesn't cause you too much stress."

"I hope not either." He said.

Sitting this close to him I could see his actual smile through his beard. More so, here in his car, sitting next to him I could pickup his scent, something that had seemed to be drowned out in every other encounter we've had today.

"What?" He asked slightly humored.

"Nothing, why do you ask."

"You're smiling." he pointed out.

I hadn't realized that I was smiling as I had gotten lost in thought. "Just looking forward to tonight...I haven't been here in forever." I said as the building came into view.