4: Mission: Land of the Waves!

Sakura hummed, deep in thought. She lightly tread on a familiar road to their designated meeting place. Today was the first day Team 7 was going to do a mission. Her memories flashed back to her previous life, back to the days where everything was simple and it was just them.

It's been so long since I've seen all of them together... Especially.... Sasuke...

Sakura walked through the entrance into training grounds. She silently watched the leaves blow through the forest, there in the center, was a patch of dirt where many Shinobi before her used as a training spot. As she got closer she saw the impatient blonde genin kicking a tree.

Naruto noticed her and scurried to her side, "Sakura-Chan! I can't believe it! We're actually doing our first-ever mission today! It's going to be awesome, believe it!" Naruto pumped his fist in the air with excitement. Sakura nodded in agreement.

"Yeah, I sure do hope we get to do something that is actually...for ninjas," she huffed. The memories were coming back to her, she remembered the days when they had to find lost cats, pick up garbage, unpolluting rivers, paint walls, and other stuff that even civilians could do. Seriously, were they Genin or community service?

Sakura got lost in reminiscing, her thoughts drifting to Sasuke.

Agh, I acted so irresponsibly yesterday. Sasuke must think I'm weird. Hopefully this won't mess up the timeline. I'll just have to mend our bonds again.. How can I even change this timeline? Where should I start?

Sakura crossed her arms, her eyebrows furrowing together. Naruto noticed her pensive expression and looked to her with concern.

"Sakura-chan?.. You're making a big frown, what's wrong?" Naruto gestured to her and used his fingers to pull his mouth into a frown. Sakura chuckled at his antics and relaxed her posture.

"Nothing, really." Sakura took in the view of the training ground. She was a bit out of focus from all of that deep thinking. "Naruto, we should keep on a lookout for Sasuke and Kakashi-sensei.."

Naruto made his hands mimic binoculars and looked around, "Yeah... now that I think about it.. Where is sensei??? That bastard is late as well!!" Naruto went over to search in the bushes.

Sakura channeled her senses and tried to look for Kakashi, but of course he was nowhere nearby. Sakura perked up when she felt the chakra signature of someone else.

Sasuke.. did he get here earlier?

Sakura felt it in the distance, he was a bit more further out there. Sakura grabbed Naruto by the sleeve and ushered him to follow her. Naruto looked at her quizzically, but he didn't object. As they got closer to the chakra signature, Sakura pinpointed his exact location. Sasuke appeared from behind a tree and then leaned on it. It appears that he had noticed they were coming.

"Looks like you noticed where I was. Strange, I thought I cloaked my chakra well enough."

"Sasuke! Why didn't you join us at the meeting spot?" Sakura stopped a few feet away from Sasuke. He crossed his arms with a smirk plastered on his face.

"I was testing to see if my teammates could find me. You were exceptional. Naruto however..."

Naruto crossed his arms too, "HEY! I sensed you too! I just followed along with Sakura-chan because she wanted me to!" Naruto looked over to Sakura who seemed to be really focused in on Sasuke. Naruto pouted in jealousy and glared at Sasuke. "Geez, how come he always gets the attention? Sakura-chan....why won't you notice me..." Naruto grumbled to nobody in particular. Sakura snapped out of her trance and glanced at Naruto apologetically.