27: Feelings (Sasusaku)

🤕 thanks for tuning in.

——————————————————————

Naruto sighed as he sat down beside Sakura.
"You get a feeling we've been seeing less of Sasuke these days?"

Sakura frowned and looked at Naruto, "Yeah?"

"I've tried many times to persuade him to come and train with us but he's being really stubborn." Naruto brushed the dirty footprint off his pants.

Sakura stood up, "I'll go get him." She declared and sped off.

Naruto got onto his feet with his arms outstretched, "Wha?!?!? Wait!!" Sakura was gone.

Sakura had suspected that Sasuke had been training alone with Kakashi, with the subtle hints when they met up as a team. The looks, the way their styles became more similar, and Sasuke seemed to get what Kakashi was thinking sometimes.
It was all fitting together. Sakura could even remember that in the final rounds when Sasuke was late to his match, he arrived with Kakashi by his side. And with his signature move: The Chidori.

To be honest Sakura missed him, even if he was sometimes a stubborn jerk. She still loved him.
Sakura sighed and soon came to a stop when she sensed a figure with chakra nearby, it was quite familiar, it was Sasuke's chakra. She hasn't sensed any kind of Chakra like Kakashi's though.

Maybe he's concealing it. That's quite easy to do if you get the hang of it. Shouldn't Sasuke be able to do that?

Sakura took note to conceal herself and balanced herself on the tree, she then stood up, taking a peek from the leaves. There, she saw two figures on the ground one appeared to be struggling; let outbursts of chakra at a time. Sometimes a spark would flash around their hand.

I guess that one is Sasuke.

The other figure appeared to be leaning against a tree and reading a book.

"Oi. Sakura, don't you think it's rude to eavesdrop on people?" Sakura flinched at the sudden call of her name.

Yep. That one is Kakashi.

She hopped down the tree and stepped forward to where Sasuke was standing, she smiled awkwardly and scratched to back of her head unsurely.
"Haha, isn't spying a ninja skill though?" She inquired.

Kakashi closed his book shut with hand and stuffed it into his pocket. "You weren't trying hard enough to conceal your chakra, Sakura." Kakashi replied with a muffled voice through his mask. Sakura rolled her eyes, she wasn't trying to hide herself from them.

When she turned to face the person she was looking for, however, she saw that Sasuke wasn't looking very happy to see her. He scowled and strode towards her menacingly. "Why are you here?" He demanded for an answer. Sakura raised her hands up in front of her to protect herself. There was an unpleasant aura coming from Sasuke.

"Naruto and I thought that we haven't been training together a lot as a team, so—"

"I don't see any reason to train with you two." He said coldly. Sakura stood there and stared widely at him. For a moment, she saw a mix of regret and frustration in his eyes.

Sakura clasped her hands together nervously, not knowing what to say. Sasuke turned around and started to walk away. Sakura reached with her hand to try to stop him, but he was already out of range. She opened her mouth.
"Wait!" Sasuke's footsteps slowed for a moment but he began to walk faster. Sakura began chasing after him. "Sasuke! Where are you going?"

Sasuke didn't turn around, "I don't need to tell you."

Sakura's hand curled into a fist. Nervous. She was so, so nervous. Sasuke could be going down the same path that he did in her timeline. He could be making a mistake that would cost him his life. Naruto's life. The whole village. Deep in her heart, she wished she could explain all of this to Sasuke. She felt a tear slip from her eye.

"Wait. Hold on!" She grabbed him, yanking him back by the arm. He pulled back his arm aggressively and glared at her. Sakura reached out again, but this time he avoided it. Gripping his arm, a blue spark flashed, the sound of a birds cry. A threat to back off. Sakura felt her mouth run dry. His arm slowly fell down to his side. And for a few moments, there was silence.

Blinking multiple times, Kakashi looked at the scene unraveling before his eyes.
Damn is this a soap opera? Welp, they're having a moment right now. I guess I'll train him later.
Then, he decided that he should leave the two alone (no more training hooray) so he slowly crept away.

"Sasuke, why do you not want to train with us anymore?" Sakura took a step forward. She was challenging him.

Sasuke got into an offensive position. "If you want me to join you so bad, why don't you show me what you're capable of then?"

————————————————

POW!

"Ghh—!"

Sasuke jumped back as Sakura landed a powerful blow against the ground, crushing through the rocks and scattering debris everywhere. Sasuke barely evaded that by an inch. Sakura seemed to be keeping up with his speed, she was barely caught off guard. They've been going at it for a while now, but Sakura has yet to back down. Her eyes locked with his and he felt this desperation in them. But this was it, he was going to end this pointless battle. Rushing in, he charged up his chakra, feeling lighting crackle around his arm, darting around the traps Sakura had set earlier. Right before he got close to her, she jumped to the side, but that's where he took his chance. He disappeared and then reappeared right behind her, about to pierce through her, but instead, as if she knew all along, she maneuvered out of his way and grabbed his arm.

Sasuke was brought down onto the ground, slammed with no mercy, knocking the air out of him. Sakura immediately grabbed his arms and held him down. She had bested him. They both heaved as the tension of the battle began to fade. Sasuke had resigned and laid back with a bit of blood dribbling down to his mouth. Sakura let go of him and reached out, gently bringing her finger to rest on his nose. A warm mint aura flourished around her finger and Sasuke's nose was repaired. Then, Sakura got off of him and sat next to him, skimming his body for any other injuries. After a few moments, Sasuke sat up as well. They were both composed now, breathing steadily and sitting next to each other silently.

"If you want to be strong, then there's no reason to not join us. What happened now just proves my point." Sasuke glances over at Sakura with an expression that looks like he doesn't want to hear any more from her. Sakura smiles. They both look straight ahead at the trees in the distance, occasionally, a bird flys overhead. Sakura was the one who stood up first. She extended her hand to him, waiting for him to grab it. Sasuke ignored it and stood up by himself, dusting off his clothes. Sakura's hand fell limp to her side, "You could use a couple of pointers. It's good to have experience with people other than Kakashi-sensei."

"....Fine," He muttered. Sakura took a few steps forward, and then more. She embraced him. Sasuke froze up, but he didn't push her away. When she leaned back she looked intently at him. He was averting his eyes. His eyes flickered back and forth towards her before they finally looked straight into hers. Their gazes met.

"Sasuke-"

He cut her off with a kiss.

—————————————————

Well.