10: Demon of the Hidden Mist (SasuSaku)

"Sakura-chan! Good morning! Oh, why are you wearing the headband like that? New style?" Naruto greeted her with a wave. Sakura smiled and nodded her head.

"Ah.... Yeah. I decided I wanted to go for a more serious look from now on. A forehead protector was meant to go on the forehead, right?" Sakura unconsciously reached for the back of her headband, checking if it was tied firmly.

Naruto grinned and pointed at his headband with his thumb, "That's awesome, now you're matching we me and the rest of the team! If you're getting serious, that means I'll just have to train harder to beat you too!" Sakura felt her smile grow a little bigger.

You big dork... I hope you do get stronger, cause it's going to get a lot harder from now on.

Suddenly, footsteps sounded from behind her, stopping next to her. Sakura looked, her eyes locked with onyx colored ones. Sasuke broke the eye contact and glanced at Naruto who seemed to be slightly irritated from his sudden entrance.

"Sakura, Naruto, Kakashi wants us to escort Tazuna to the bridge. Hurry up or else we'll leave you behind." Sasuke turned around and disappeared in a flash. Sakura nodded at Naruto and they followed.

____________

Klink! Klang!

The battle was fierce. Punches thrown. Flesh cut. Weapons clanging against one another.

Sakura dashed to the side, dodging a barrage of knives. She hadn't had a battle like this since she was transported to this timeline.

And I have to admit. I've gotten rusty!

"AHH! LET GO!" A voice cried out. Sakura looked frantically around and caught sight of Zabuza locking Naruto in a chokehold.

"Shit!" Sakura left Tazuna's side and ran towards them.

Zabuza raised his sword, "Maybe I'll leave your head here to scare the villagers!" Naruto let out a scream of defiance and bit down on his arm. Zabuza scowled, his weapon swung down to kill the writhing boy.

Sakura ambushed from behind and threw herself at Zabuza with all her might. "LET HIM GO!!" She screamed and grabbed Zabuza's head, jamming her fingers in his eyes.

Zabuza let out a pained grunt and his grip on Naruto weakened. Falling out of his hold, Naruto barely escaped the sword from decapitating him. Zabuza grabbed Sakura and tore her off of his head.

Closing his injured eyes, he began swinging his sword with surprising accuracy. "Fools! Blinding me won't work! I've been a ninja longer than you have been alive! I can sense YOU!" He lunged at Naruto and thrust his sword forward.

Poof! Naruto, or the clone, disappeared. Zabuza growled, "Two can play at this game.." Using one hand, he summoned another clone. A water clone rose from the ground. Naruto summoned a dozen more clones and they charged at the water clone.

The real Zabuza opened his eyes (he was used to the pain in his eyes now) and locked onto Sakura who was about to set a trap. Flash-stepping behind her, he saw an opening and swung for the neck.

"Too slow!" Sakura mocked. She quickly maneuvered around his attacks and eventually made her way behind him. Zabuza stepped onto a suspicious rope on the ground and he was instantly bound up by a tight rope. Sakura smirked and a blue aura encompassed her fists. Just before she could land a hit, Zabuza turned sharply, ripping through the ropes, and slammed his sword into her. A sickening noise came from her midsection.