24: Slug Vs. Snake

( ̄∇ ̄)

Orochimaru hissed and lunged at Sakura, she made a move to dodge but Orochimaru stopped her when he stretched out his neck like a snake, swaying to the side to bite her face. Sakura halted to a stop but she was titled to far and landed on her face. Orochimaru grinned and opened his mouth,
That liquid!

Sakura turned immediately to the side, not turning all the way because she didn't want Sasuke to be burned by the fire ring around them. Orochimaru made a move again and attempted to bite at Sasuke, Sakura rolled to the side and thrust her two left on his face. He stumbled back a little but got back into his composure. He suddenly unwound the purple belt around him and it formed into a snake. A cobra!

It hissed and slithered towards Sakura at a lightning speed. She hopped up but staggered sideways due to the surprising weight of Sasuke on her shoulders. But she paid no mind to that and jump up into the air turning away from Orochimaru so he couldn't have a chance to curse Sasuke. But to Sakura's horror she heard a hiss behind her.

"No matter how hard you try, I will have him little girl!" Sakura turned around just in time before he bit into Sasuke's neck deflected his fangs with her kunai.

"..." Orochimaru was silent and then his fangs dropped onto the ground. He disappeared in a cloud of smoke.
Shadow clone!

Sakura knew it, Orochimaru was an expert at a shadow clones. He could send as many as he liked. She rolled onto the ground to ease the impact and popped right up still in battle stance. She heard a wince behind her and saw Sasuke wiggling around. Sakura growled and tightened her hold on him.
Geez! Bad timing! Don't make this any harder for me!

Suddenly from the ground Sakura was assaulted by snakes that were snapping at her legs. Her moves got more sluggish as they kept ganging up on her and a few bit into her flesh. "Ouch!" She shrieked and jerked her legs away. There were several holes in her legs, dripping with blood. Sakura felt a burning pain, she staggered on her feet.

"No! I'm not giving up!" Sakura gripped her legs and tried to patch up the wounds. Suddenly, Orochimary appeared in front of her and grabbed her by the neck. Orochimaru squeezed, Sakura clutched at her neck. Her struggling was getting weaker by the second and her gasps were slowly dying down. Sakura let out a muffled scream and suddenly a burst of chakra caused Orochimaru to drop her. Sakura flopped onto the ground and crawled towards Sasuke. Orochimary quickly stood back up and grabbed her by the legs. Sakura glared at him and stabbed him with her glowing fists. His figure disappeared in a cloud of smoke. A bunch of snakes appeared and advanced towards her. Sakura wiped her sweat and stood up, she could barely see with her vision.

"Sakura.." A voice whispered in her mind. Sakura's eyes snapped wide open and they started to glow. Black streaks covered her body. She felt a massive amount of chakra flow throughout her body. Sakura closed her eyes and calmly placed her hands together, "Tsunade.... Thank you." Then she rushed at the large group of snakes, her legs omitted a sharp blue glow. She sprang into the air and threw a buck load of knives at the mess of animals, pinning many of them to the ground. Trying to ignore the blood pouring from the holes in her flesh, she slammed her feet into the ground. The ground broke and rocks came bursting into the air, many snakes that were hiding in the ground were flung upwards. Sakura propelled herself into the air and sliced all of the snakes in half with ease. When she landed back down she stumbled and fell onto her knees.

"My body feels so heavy... It hurts. No.... Concentrate...." She took in a deep breath and let the chakra flow into her legs, her hands glowed a minty green. She lightly hovered them over the wound and the punctures slowly started to patch itself up. Sakura swiftly numbed her legs with her justu and ran over to Sasuke. Orochimaru appeared at grabbed Sasuke by the collar.