9: A Daunting Discovery

(Shorter chapter than usual since I'm low on time.)

——————

Sakura...

Konoha is gone. Naruto and Sasuke are gone.

I only have you left.

Please. Please help. Help me. Save the future. Sakura, you need to!

You are my last chance! Wake up! Before it's too late!

"Agh."

Another morning. This time, she woke up from a bit of a disturbing dream. Tsunade was covered in blood and she was clinging onto Sakura, begging for her to save the village.

Tsunade-sama... are you in deep trouble?

Sakura turned to her side and looked at the clock. It was early in the morning, but it wouldn't hurt to start the day now. Cautiously, she moved out of her blankets and stood up. She checked to see if her bandages were still intact, they were. Sakura raised her arms up and stretched, letting out a groan.

Sakura thought back to last night when Team 7 ate dinner with Tazuna's family. It was pretty... lively.

Tazuna's grandson, Inari, became sad at the mention of his deceased father and lashed out at Team 7, thinking that they would die meaninglessly against Gatou. The outburst was unnecessary, but Sakura felt pity. It was sad, the boy had lost all hope of the corrupted man receiving any consequences. Naruto became angered and chased after the kid, but Sakura didn't know anything about what happened after that. She was tired and went straight to her room to go to bed.

Sakura walked to the restroom, done thinking about yesterday. She twisted the knob and opened the door with a creak. The restroom was small and had a sink with a toilet next to it. Above the sink was a small mirror. Grabbing her hairbrush she packed, Sakura began to run it across her hair. She got to the top of her head and pulled back the hair covering her forehead.

It was an instantaneous reaction.

"WHAT?!"

Her scream echoed through the house. Everyone heard that. Clutching her forehead, Sakura stared, eyes wide.

Byakugou. The Byakugou Seal?!

There was no mistaking it, the small yet prominent diamond shaped purple marking that is smack dab on the middle of her forehead... It is undoubtedly the Strength of a Hundred Seal.

All of the memories of yesterday came flashing in her brain. It all made sense. The weird sensations in the head, the sudden feeling of more power. Her seal was close to awakening.

What in the ever living Kami is happening? How?

Sakura pinched her cheek. It was not a dream. She was bewildered, feeling her forehead as if it was going to rub off like washable marker.

I'm still too young, I haven't even reached the age when I actually got the seal! Not to mention, I only started chakra pooling at my forehead when I got here. It would have taken way more years to get this!

Sudden knocking sounded out from the door to the room.

"S-Sakura? Are you okay? What's happening?!" A very concerned voice questioned from the other side. "Hello? I-I'm coming in!"

"H-huh?" Panic set in. Sakura immediately rushed for the towel and wrapped it around her forehead.

Nobody can see me like this! If I get caught then I'll be taken in for questioning!