31: Pain and Regret

"W-Wait... rebuild your clan?! Hold on, this is going a little faster than I expected! We didn't talk that much I-" Sakura was cut off when she saw Sasuke's eyes switch from black to red. Sasuke took a step closer to her and slammed his hand on the tree.

"Shut up, you're being annoying." He retorted. Sasuke glanced at her lips, his eyebrows furrowed. He couldn't shake off this exhilarating feeling that he would get whenever Sakura was close to him, it would make his stomach twist whenever she hugged or touched him. He hated this feeling. What it was doing to him. It was like it was controlling him to do things he would never do.

Sasuke pulled away from Sakura. He turned around, he didn't want to look at her. He felt so out of place. He was the only survivor of the Uchiha clan, he was still weak. Prone to emotions. His brother would sneer at this childish behavior. Sasuke never wanted or needed these feelings, they only got in the way. He turned back to see Sakura who was still in a daze.

She felt his stare on her and she snapped out of it. "U-Um... I don't know how to feel about this." Sakura stuttered, but she knew very well that she was very smitten for Sasuke.

Sasuke stared at her silently. She decided to walk a bit closer to him, "But we could try this out if you wanted to..."

Sasuke took a step back, "I don't want anything. Just stay away from me from now on." Sakura stopped in her tracks, she felt her heart sink.

She shook her head and walked closer to Sasuke. "W-We don't need to have anything! We could just be friends..! You should come train with Team 7!"

Sasuke shook his head, "You don't understand, just stop bothering me from now on."

Sakura reached out to Sasuke, "Sasuke-"

"You're being annoying."

Sasuke deadpanned with a glare. Sakura could see him stiffen, she could see him trying to distance himself. He was trying to cut her off again, to cut away their bonds. Sakura's arms fell to her sides.

It hurts me so much to see him in pain. Does he feel trapped because of me? He thinks he can't fulfill his goal because I'm holding him back. .....
I'm the one that was sent here to prevent him from going down that path again. I have to save Sasuke, for his sake and everyone else's. I have to! I'm doing this for all of us.

Sakura took more steps toward Sasuke as she gained more determination. Sakura felt a tear slip down her cheeks as she walked closer to Sasuke. She raised her arms. Sasuke's eyes widened and he slowly got in a fighting stance. A electrifying current surrounded his hand.

Chidori. An attack that can instantly pierce through the target, shocking them with lighting.

Sakura stopped walking and watched as he struggled with himself. And at that moment. She didn't know what she could do to help him. Sakura felt the tears well up in her eyes. Sasuke was suffering, he was suffering inside. He was battling his thoughts and trauma all the time. He didn't deserve this. Sakura gritted her teeth and her hands curled into fists. Suddenly, she felt her insecurities seeping in.

Why did Tsunade chose me..? What is so special about me? What can I do?.... Sasuke....

Sakura felt a sudden rush of adrenaline. She rushed up to Sasuke. Sasuke looked up with a shadow over his eyes, with the most menacing gaze, his eyes glowed bright red.

Sakura cried out, "Please stop! Get a hold of yourself! People care about you! I- I care about you!" She wrapped her arms around Sasuke. Sasuke stiffened and his face faltered, but quickly after it morphed into a face of burning anger, anger at him.