6: Encounter with Zabuza

This chapter is a bit shorter than others cause I don't like writing fighting scenes lol
————————————————————

They had been walking for a significant amount of time now.

Sakura was breathing fast, her ninja sandals hit the ground in a series of thumps. It was already getting late and Kakashi had the team pick up the pace.

"Whoaaa!! I know that some dangerous ninjas attacked us earlier but we don't need to go this fast!! Holy sh-!!" Sakura glanced over to Kakashi who was carrying Tazuna on his back, this prompted a little chuckle from her.

Tazuna was holding on for dear life while Kakashi ran like a basilisk lizard on water. Naruto who is greatly disadvantaged due to his short stature, was sadly barely keeping up with the rest of Team 7.

"Hey! Wait up! Don't leave me behind guys!" Naruto squeezed his fist and boosted his legs with chakra. His feet were going very fast, the speed blur made him look like a cartoon character. He matched their pace and found himself running alongside Sasuke. Sasuke glowered. Naruto noticed Sasuke's vexation and glared at him.

His pompous ass! All I did was run beside him! Fine, I'll outpace you then!

Naruto let out a grunt and managed to get a couple of inches in front of Sasuke. Sasuke rolled his eyes, but a smirk grew on his face. He easily pushed in front of Naruto and purposefully slowed down, catching the blonde in surprise. Naruto skid to a stop and almost tripped over himself. Sasuke continued to run, he looked back at Naruto and smugly grinned. Naruto growled.

"You'll pay for that you bastard!"
Sasuke ignored the threats and joined in step with Sakura. Sakura noticed his presence, she took in the sight of Sasuke during his genin era yet again. It would appear that she had been staring again. Sasuke looked away from her leering, a light blush on his cheek. She averted her gaze and looked in front of them and saw a silhouette of a lake.

She let out a sigh of relief, "Kakashi... is this where can stop running?"

"Be quiet, we don't want to attract attention," Kakashi snapped. Sakura clamped her mouth shut and continued to run forward. She felt her stamina ebbing away, her legs were painfully sore.

Dang it. I can't believe my prepubescent untrained body is so weak and unprepared for this amount of running....

I swear I'm going to get Might Gai or somebody to train me after this.

We're getting close now. Wasn't there something that happened around here? Was it an enemy? Kakashi would have noticed them by now...

If there was an enemy would I even have the energy to deal with them? Ok, I'm getting an awfully bad feeling.

Sakura pondered on how she would be able to go into combat with the beating this run was already giving her body.

If I went all out Kakashi would probably be overly suspicious of me.

So far she could only think of using Taijustu without using much energy. But even then, the only genin known to be that skilled was Rock Lee.

Sakura's pace faltered, her vision became a bit blurry. Sasuke noticed this and slowed down with her.

"Sakura... are you alright?" Sasuke hesitantly asked. Sakura rubbed the blur from her eyes. She was showing warning signs of over exhaustion.

My chakra reserves are getting too low... shit. I could faint if I use too much chakra to heal somebody. I should focus on gathering more chakra.