8: Mystery Purple Diamond

Sakura woke up to the chirping of the birds outside, head throbbing with pain, and a gut that felt like it was twisting into itself.

"Ah!"

Gasping in pain, her hands went to her abdomen to feel bandages wrapped around her.

A flashback of Zabuza stabbing her in the gut whizzed through her brain.

Big shocker. He stabs me in the gut and it hurts... of course. Oh kami.. I wish I could heal this right now!

Sakura closed her eyes and let out a big sigh as her head hit the pillow with a thump. The pain moved all around her midsection and didn't seem like it was stopping. Blinking back tears, she laid there, just bearing with it.

"Hah, I think... at least he didn't get any vital parts." Sakura chuckled to herself in a pathetic way in an effort to take her mind off the numbing sensation. If Sakura hadn't stopped Zabuza in time, he would've most definitely killed her.

It's no wonder he was one of the great swordsmen of the Mist. His strength was incredible.

Flexing her hand into a fist, she turned her attention to the outside of the window and watched a bunch of birds fly around. A bird stopped on a branch and hopped around what seemed to be a nest on a tree. Little baby birds, screaming like hungry devils. The mother bird would have regurgitate her food into their mouths. Sakura crinkled her nose a little at the thought of that.

I guess that kind of reminds me of Tsunade-sama. She was training me with the force of a monster everyday, like shoving pieces of knowledge down my throat. I wonder what happened to her by now...

Her quiet moment was interrupted by the sound of the door opening.

"Sakura?" A voice echoed behind her, she twisted around and balled up her fists. The pain instantly made her stance falter, gritting her teeth, she relaxed herself. Good thing they weren't any danger, at least for now.

Sasuke was standing by the entrance, holding a bowl with chopsticks placed on top in his hands. Sasuke's expression seemed mildly shocked for a moment, but then he went back to a neutral one. Sakura eyed him down with her eyes squinted as he walked over to her. Sasuke noticed her apprehension and gently placed the bowl down in front of her.

She peered down the bowl and saw... ramen. There was hints of soup peeking out from the gaps in the noodles, but it looked like a bowl of just pure ramen. 

Sasuke sneered when he saw her unimpressed face, "Well, it was supposed to be soup, but Naruto added that in so don't blame me. Bye." Turning around hastily, he walked out of the room and shut the door behind him with a small click. Sakura begrudgingly took the bowl into her hands and took a whiff of the ramen. It smelled surprisingly good.

Well, I've gotta eat to restore my energy. At least Naruto has good taste when it comes to this.

She smiled inwardly to herself and started eating.

——————————

"So you guys just need to climb the tree by the end of the day, you got it?" Kakashi walked over to a particular area in the woods and looked up at the trees. He glanced around as the three genin walked up to him.

Naruto groaned, "That's too easy! Let's do something else!" Sakura rolled her eyes at him, knowing that at this phase, Naruto was actually shit at chakra control.

Sometimes I wonder how he even progressed to the stage of making his own justu, Sage mode and all of that stuff. He's really something, isn't he?

Sakura suddenly felt her head pulse. It was a different kind of feeling, a build up? Sakura flinched and rubbed her forehead. "...ugh, I'm probably still need some time to recover." She shook her head and continued to focus on Kakashi, not noticing Sasuke side-eyeing her.