11: Calm Day

It was a break day for Team 7.

Sakura yawned and stretched out her arms to the sky as the sunlight hit her face. She was on the balcony of her home reading a book about healing techniques and justus for medical ninja. Brushing the soft and smooth texture of the page, she turned the to the next section, "Poisons... Huh, they might prove useful."

Sakura continued to read through the page, but her concentration seemed to waver, her mind wandering to her past.

I should stop reading soon, I have to make sure I'm prepared for whatever is going to happen next.

"Ah...I wonder how my timeline is doing..." Sakura closed her book shut and stared at the cover for a small moment before sitting up. She took in the bustling sights of the village, her gaze following a small mother and her child. It reminded her of her master.

Sakura frowned, she could hear Tsunade's voice echoing through her mind.

"Sakura... I believe in you.."

"Konoha's wellbeing... is on your shoulder now."

Sakura closed her eyes and bowed her head in grief for her beloved teacher.

I should focus on doing errands.

Sakura sighed and walked back into her room, closing the balcony door shut.

Let's see...
Maybe I could go and buy a few weapons, I'm pretty sure I'm running out.

Sakura grabbed her pink bag decorated with magenta colored Sakura designs, stuffing her wallet inside it. She examined the cute design, feeling nostalgia hit her.

I remember donating this when I was about 15..
I barely kept any of my old pre-teenage year stuff, heh.

Sakura hurried along down the stairs and then opened the front door, waving goodbye to her mom.

The cool air hit her face, and the sun dawned over her features. Sakura smiled, for so long she has not felt this... content.

Her smile was gone when she stepped into the shopping district, she noticed many people from the past that she knew as they walked by her. Sakura shook her head and continued to walk on, promising that the future would hold hope for all of them.

Even if this timeline isn't as real, I'll do my best to protect it.

_________________

Ring!

A small bell clanged at the top of the door, notifying the shop of her presence. Sakura glanced around the room, she had entered a weapons shop in a rather excluded area of the district. By her surprise, she spotted a girl wearing a pink qipao blouse with brown hair tied up in two buns. They didn't pay any mind to Sakura, as they were busy sorting out weapons by the cashier desk.

Sakura piped up, "Hey... Tenten? Is that you?.." The girl looked up, surprised from hearing her name being called. The girl recognized Sakura and smiled, continuing to sort the weapons.

"Oh, hi. Aren't you from the academy?" Sakura nodded.

"Yeah, I'm just here to take a look around." She proceeded to look around the shop, she was rather in awe of the collection the shop had. There were some rare weapons, some being only forged in other lands. There was also a new kind of weapon on display that she had never seen before. It was called... a gun? Sakura continued to happily stock up on the best supplies she could find. (The ones she could afford, of course.)

She finished her shopping and headed to the front, Tenten set aside the pile of weapons and walked to her station behind the cashier. Sakura set down the weapons and pulled out her light green wallet, Tenten started checking out the items. While Tenten was counting up the total, Sakura decided to start up a conversation, "My name is Sakura, Haruno Sakura," she said rather timidly.