35: Hope and Panic

Okay so I accidentally lost all of my brain cells and I'm going insane. Plus I forgot how to write so here is to a messy unedited part lmao
———————————————

"What should I do?!?"
Naruto slammed his hands on the desk. The Hokage sighed and shook his head,
"Right now we have at least 3 squads of professional ninjas searching Kohona for Sakura, and no, we didn't find her yet." Naruto fell onto his knees and punched the floor.

"What if Sasuke did something to her?! WHAT IF HE-",
The Hokage stood up as his chair banged into the wall.
"NARUTO! Calm your nerves, right now, the whole of the village is uneasy, and you aren't going to make it any easier!"

Naruto stayed there in silence as the Hokage sat back into his chair and continued to do the paperwork. The old man coughed and then with his shaking fingers he pointed to the door, "Out.", he mouthed. Naruto obliged and treaded through the doorway which led into the hallway somberly.

I still can't believe that she would do this.... I still can't believe she would let HIM OUT!
Why? After everything he has done to her, she still doesn't understand the situation she has put herself in.

Naruto straightened his posture when a thought came into his head, and then an idea sprouted from that. Naruto looked behind him and then began running out of the building.

"....You know that this wouldn't work." Kakashi flipped his book shut and leaned against a tree, Naruto stretched out his hands and tugged at Kakashi's vest, "Please! We can't just leave stupid ninjas that don't even know her do the job!"

"They are professionals, Naruto. They has special training for this, if Sakura left behind a chakra trail they will find it. You are a Genin, you probably would rejected the moment you stepped into the Hokage's office."
Kakashi closed his eyes, "And I'm assuming from your behavior that you only really care about Sakura, am I correct?" Naruto let go of Kakashi and turned away from him.

"You wouldn't understand. What he did to her. He hurt her." Naruto murmured to himself, although, Kakashi definitely heard that. Naruto turned back to face Kakashi again.

"Sasuke. Sasuke did many horrible things to Sakura, I can't believe she still hasn't noticed! Sasuke even! He even almost got her killed!", Naruto yelled at Kakashi and tears were starting to form on his face.

"Sakura's one of my only friends! She trusts me and she believes in me! I can't let her down, maybes she's waiting for me to find her somewhere. OR-OR SASUKE DID SOMETHING TO HER!", Naruto's scream echoed throughout the forest and then he wiped his eyes.

Kakashi sighed to himself and remembered the Uchiha's tragic backstory, Sasuke was likely to get out of control sometimes due to his PTSD from the traumatic event.
Ever since that happened he was never the same, swearing vengeance for his family. He straightened himself on the tree and looked into the horizon, changing his mind to a whole different topic.

".....Do you like Sakura?"
Naruto spluttered, "WHAT?!? WHY ARE YOU SAYING THAT NOW WHEN SHE COULD BE IN DANGER??!?" Kakashi looked at Naruto weirdly and Naruto jitters a little, "it was that obvious."

Naruto rather stated then questioned. Kakashi nodded his head, then pushed himself off of the tree. He walked over to Naruto until he reached him.
Kakashi leaned over to look directly at Naruto's face, "Hey, want to see a secret?"

Naruto frowned, "How is this relevant to the conversation we were having?" Kakashi turned away from Naruto and slipped his hand over the tree's trunk that he was leaning on. "See this tree?" Kakashi asked.

Naruto nodded with confusion, and then was met with a ton of shock when Kakashi slipped his finger onto something and unlatched it with a small click!
Kakashi smirked under his mask, "Ah, I had a feeling that it was this one. I thought a sensed a faint sign of chakra being used under this tree."

Naruto's jaw dropped and he rushed over to the tree as Kakashi slowly opened a small entrance to the inside.

"H-HOW DID YOU KNOW THIS WAS HERE?!" Kakashi shrugged, "Well, someBODY ONCE TOLD ME

- erm, I mean one of the previous Hokage told me about this." Naruto felt hope swell up inside of him and was about to jump through the entrance but Kakashi caught him by the back of his jacket before he could.

"Ah Ah, don't get your hopes too high Naruto, for all we know there could be many dangerous traps down there." Naruto glared at Kakashi and shook him off as he stood up and brushed his shoulders, "And for we all we know, Sakura or SASUKE could be down there!" He countered.

"Yeah, that's why I opened this in the first place Naruto." Kakashi replied bluntly and then crawled in the entrance, "Don't come in until I give the signal to!" Kakashi yelled out. Naruto heard a sound of a click and the scratching of a lid being slid to the side. And the thunk of feet climbing down a ladder.

After a couple of dreadful minutes a voice came from below, "Its all clear!" Naruto immediately sprung into action and accidentally fell down before he could reached the ladder, he screamed in fear and then was caught by Kakashi princess-style. "Oops, haha." Naruto laughed it off as Kakashi raised his brow and dropped Naruto. Naruto let out an OOF when he landed on the cold, hard ground.
(Rest In Peace, Naruto big booty.)

———————————————————————-
MEANWHILE IN THE HIDEOUT

"Agh! Sasuke please sit back down I'm trying to tend to your wounds!" Sakura groaned as she peeled Sasuke off from her waist. Sasuke mumbled something incoherent and latched his arms around her again.

Sakura started at Sasuke with disbelief and then sighed, "well at least he isn't dying or anything..." Sakura bent over and lifted Sasukes shirt up as she dabbed at Sasuke's wounds, she already noticed some that were getting infected. "This doesn't look good, Sasuke can you please get off of me! I'm trying to-"

BEEP BEEP BEEP

Blaring noises of alarm made Sakura and Sasuke perk up from their spots. "Somebody found this place!"

Sakura immediately grabbed the medical kit and shoved everything inside it. She closed the kit and started to drag Sasuke over to the kitchen she opened one of the cabinets and pushed away the boxes that were filling it.

An almost visible line was hidden underneath the items. Sakura unlatched the opening of the hiding spot and dragged Sasuke inside. It was a very cramped space but just enough to fit at least about 3 bodies in there. Sakura went in and put the boxes back into their spots, and then she shut the lid tightly.

Sakura froze up when she heard footsteps by the door of the room.
Please don't let them guess the password!
Horror dripped in her stomach when she heard the whirring and a click.
Oh no! Nonono! If they catch us I don't know how I'll be able to complete my mission.
Sakura's thought flickered back to Tsunade in the panic and didn't notice that Sasuke has scooted over to her.

She flinched when Sasuke wrapped his arms around her and then let herself relax.
Okay. Be calm, and try not to make noise.
Sakura hugged Sasuke back and they waited with anticipation as footsteps resounded in the room.