22: Orochimaru Attacks

————-

Sakura grunted as she dug her feet into the ground with each step, Sasuke on her back. He was going to be unconscious for a few hours or so, Sakura didn't put to much force into her release. Sakura panted; breathless as they walked into view of the tower.
Kami Crud, dude. Why are you so heavy?!

Naruto turned around as they were walking with his hands behind his head, he bit back a giggle when he saw Sakura giving way to the weight of Sasuke. Her face contorted with frustration and tiredness. Naruto stopped in his tracks and looked at Sakura who was gritting her teeth. Sasuke slumped over on her back, almost slipping off.
I guess if I helped Sakura.... She would like me more! Heck yeah, she's gonna enjoy my presence!

Naruto grinned and hit his fist on his palm, he walked over to Sakura, "Hey, you need some help? I don't really mind! Yeah, I'm a really humbl—" Naruto was cut off by Sakura with a wheeze, "WhaT DoeS It LoOk LikE??" Her words were a little messsy but Naruto could understand, He walked over to her side and she slid Sasuke onto his back. Naruto grunted, "Um, can this guy be any heavier?" He hoisted Sasuke over shoulders. Naruto instantly bent over to Sasuke's weight. He gasped and then started to stagger. Sakura shook her head at Naruto's display.

"Honestly, you should've prepared yourself more, Naruto." Sakura scolded. Naruto let out a bug sigh when she took Sasuke off of him. He looked at Sakura and laughed awkwardly. Sakura charged her muscles with streams of chakra. She easily picked up Sasuke and slung him over her shoulder. "Haha... I really didn't want to waste chakra but I guess we'll have to make do." Naruto laughed awkwardly with her. "It's fine. Not like we're going to be attacked right now."

Sakura narrowed her eyes at him, "Don't jinx us." Naruto averted his eyes and started walking,  "Um, lets get to the tower!" Sakura smiled at him. Her face beamed, it was angelic.
His face turned a shade of pink. "...Sakura-Chan. You're really pretty..."
He added quietly as he stared at her face. Sakura blinked at his remark. She smiled shyly, "Thanks."
Then her face instantly changed into a serious one, she looked over at the tower peaking over the trees, "....We can make it, Naruto-kun."

She looked at him, "We can become Chunin."

As they began to get closer the tower Sakura suddenly felt self-conscious. She took in the sight of her body, it was so weak and frail compared to her body in her time. She should've trained more before the Chunin Exams, that way, it wouldn't hurt when she punched and kicked. Sakura sighed. She glanced at Naruto who seemed to be fine. His legs were moving swiftly. He didn't seem tired at all.

Is he using chakra to keep himself going or something?
Sakura thought bitterly. At this rate, it seemed like she was less of a help to the team.

Less of a help saving Kohona.
Sakura scowled at the thought and pushed it away. Tsunade-sensei had trusted her, she must complete the mission, she must not fail her. Sakura froze in her tracks. She looked around. Naruto spoke up, "Sakura-Chan?..." She sensed something.
Was a team already here?

In a flash, there was a rush of weapons and a figure was moving through the trees. Naruto screamed and jumped away from the attack. Sakura swerved to the side and dodged a barrage of ninja stars, which landed on a tree behind her. Sakura's eyes widened and she rushed over to Naruto. She quickly formed a pattern of hand-signs and created a shield over her and Naruto. Sakura signaled to Naruto,
"We're going to run when we have the chance, Sasuke is not going to get hurt." She said sternly; her eyes flickering around to assess the attacker. What if it is him? Or it?

Sakura pressed her palms together and a sharp green glow emitted from her hands.
The razor palms, chakra that can slice through an opponent if attacked swift enough. Medic Ninja are taught this for self-defense, Regular ninjas usually don't learn this because they have a more variety of ninjutsu.