29: Preliminaries

Preliminaries.

Sakura bit her lip nervously as she entered the huge arena with Naruto. The arena was a big circle with no roof, there were a lot of spectators. Naruto found a seat for the both of them and patted on a seat that he wanted Sakura to sit on, she obliged and silently sat down, waiting for the crowd to quiet down and the matches to start.

A man walked up onto a podium and cleared his throat and knocked on the microphone, causing the audio speaker surrounding the arena to make loud thumping noise. And at once the whole arena was silent and looking at the man eagerly to speak. The man straightened his posture and spoke into the microphone.

"We would like to thank you for coming to see the Preliminaries of the Kohonagakure Chunin Exams. And to those who are participating, we wish you luck." The man bowed and the crowd clapped and some cheered.
Then another man came up to the microphone and adjusted it to his height. He leaned into the microphone.

"We will now be beginning the preliminaries, the reason we are holding these extra matches is because many Genin has passed the two exams before. We will be eliminating at least half of the Genin in these rounds. Now, I will announce the first match..." The man looked down at his paper,
"First round goes to.
Sasuke Uchiha and Yoroi Akadō!" The man announces.

People cheered and clapped and Sakura could hear the Sasuke fangirls screaming. Sakura blushed a light shade of pink whenever she thought of Sasuke.
Geez. I feel so awkward! Damn it, I can't focus on the preliminaries! I'll just avoid him...

And with that thought a figure appeared beside her, yep, she recognized, the guy she was thinking about. He was slowly walking down the staircase the bottom of the arena to meet his opponent.
Sakura couldn't help but shoot a couple of glances at Sasuke. But to Sakura's dismay, Sasuke caught her and she looked away, covering her flustered face. Sasuke looked away as if nothing happened and continued walking down. Naruto turned to look at Sakura.

"Hey, Sakura-chan lets try our hardest to cheer that Teme on!" He balled a fist and smiled at her. Sakura looked at Naruto and then at the bottom of the arena where Sasuke now stood. Sakura sighed and smiled back at Naruto,
"Of course."

。。。。。。。。
(btw i'm too lazy to remember to fight scenes so yeah lmao)

Sasuke had won easily against Yoroi, making him the one who passed that round. The crowd cheered at clapped for Sasuke as he slowly walked back up the arena. Sakura was silent though, she hadn't seen Sasuke use those moves at training. They were reminding her of Kakashi.

Ah yes, Kakashi was giving him extra training alone...Last time I saw him.....
Sakura blushed and shook her head violently, Naruto looked at her weird,
"What's wrong? You look troubled, you didn't even cheer for Teme did you get sick?! I'm sorry Sakura! You don't need to worry about the Preliminary matches you have to take care of yourself!"
Naruto started jumping to conclusions and shook her back and forth.

"Yeesh...
Naruto I'm not sick, don't jump to conclusions like that! I'm just worried.." She trailed off as Sasuke walked past her to his seat. She looked down and a new lap and blushed. Her mind was always going back to that kiss...
Was did he mean? Does he like me back or did he just pity me....?

She was so clouded in her thoughts that she didn't hear Naruto shout at her,
"Oi! OI! S-Sakura-Chan?! Are you spacing out?! SAKURA-CHAN YOU'RE GOING AGAINST INO YAMANKA!"

Sakura snapped out of her thoughts and stood up,
"E-Eek! I better go! Bye!" She felt intimidated by all of the stares of the people of the arena. She saw Ino in the distance staring at her, she looked pretty determined.

In the last timeline, as she remembered, they both knocked each other out, but Sakura didn't think that was going to happen this time.
I'll prove to Sasuke that I'm just as strong as he is! He doesn't need to leave Kohona for power!

She slowly but gradually started walking more confidently towards the entrance of the battleground. When she appeared in the light she saw Ino at the other side and smirked. She walked into the middle with Ino and looked at the exam proctor.

"I'm ready." She said loud enough for the proctor to hear. Ino nodded and got into a fighting stance.

"I won't go easy on you! Show me all of your training! Who wins is who impresses Sasuke!" Ino declared to Sakura. Sakura sighed and nodded,
"Of course, I'll do my best! You better not cry when you lose!" Sakura retorted. Ino's eyebrows raised and she countered.

"We'll see about that! Once I beat your ass you'll be on your knees begging for forgiveness!" She cackled.

Sakura let a glow surround her hands and she slammed her fists together.
"Let's go!"
。。。。。。。

Ino's defeated body slammed into the fall and she coughed out blood due to the impact. Ino grimaced in pain and tried to stand up but she soon collapsed straight after and looked up at Sakura with blurry vision. She let out a shaky breath and fainted.

Sakura's movements came to a stop and she let out a ragged breath. When they were fighting Sakura didn't want to give her friend a fatal injury so she purposely held back but Ino was screaming at her, telling her to stop holding back. Sakura didn't want to offend Ino so she put some effort into her attacks...
But it seems, it was too much for Ino.

Sakura rushed over to Ino's side and picked her up princess style, carrying her best friend to the medical-nin.
She placed Ino on the stretcher and put her hand on the blonde girl's forehead, giving off a green glow. Ino's face slowly relaxed until she looked like she was sleeping soundly. She nodded to the medics and walked up the arena staircase.

Sakura Haruno has won this round! She will pass into the finals!

Hearing that made Sakura sigh. She felt relieved but guilt at the same time,
I'll visit you later Ino...I won't forget you...

When she reached her seat she saw Naruto looking at her with wide eyes. When she sat down she leaned back and let out a sigh.
Naruto squealed, "You were awesome!! Our teams the best Sakura-Chan! I can't wait for my match!" He wiggled around in anticipation. Sakura smiled at his childish behavior, but it was normal for him, he trained all month for this after all. Sakura was suddenly met with a tap on her shoulder. She turned around to see the very last person she would have wanted to see.

Sasuke.

He looked away from her in stiffness.
Then looked her in the eyes.
".......Not bad.." He mumbled out to her. Then he blushed lightly with his arms folded and walked away. Sakura stared at his back with wide eyes. She was internally screeching. She looked at her lap and felt her face heat, she was complimented by Sasuke! What the actual hell was happening?

OH MY GOSH? THAT WAS SO EMBARRASSING WHAT AM I EVEN DOING RIGHT?!?

Sakura squeezed her eyes shut, took in a deep breath, and then sat back up straight with a face void of any emotion. 

———————————————
Hey guys!!,! I know it has been a long time but I am back! I went on vacation! It was really fun but exhausting! So I slept in and went to school normal the next few weeks. I actually forgot about WattPad for awhile. ACKCKCKCK that's dangerous I might disapointttt AAAA please forgive me I give you this part as sorry
:))))