{The Epilouge}: The Clock Turns Back

Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock.

It was a cloudy day and the sky was turning dark. The moon was a crescent, and the lights of the village twinkled like stars. In a small apartment in the village, there was a room. The room who which belonged to none other than Sakura Haruno.

Sakura sighed as she sank onto the couch. She rubbed her eyes and grabbed the TV controller from the drawer beside the couch. When she was reaching out for it, she noticed a small decorated box. She ignored it and grabbed the controller.

It's best not to think about that now. Everything is over anyways.

She pressed the power on button and the TV screen flickered on, technology was progressively getting better in Kohona now. Sakura suddenly had an urge to eat something. She sat up from the couch and decided to grab a snack from the cabinet. When Sakura got to her kitchen she was interrupted by a knock at her door.

"Okay! I'm coming!" Sakura yelled, racing to put her shirt on. When she opened the door she was greeted shyly by Hinata.

"U-Um, good morning, Sakura-chan." Sakura's eyebrows raised a little and she let out a small chuckle.

"Oh! Hinata, I didn't expect you to be here. You can come in." Hinata nodded and stepped inside. Sakura stretched her arms and let out a big yawn. Hinata walked over to Sakura's couch and sat down gently. Sakura shut the door briefly and locked it. "So what's your business here?" Sakura said while she fumbled in the cabinets for a snack. Hinata looked at the ceiling and sighed.

She tightly squeezed her hands together as she finally spoke, "I know this might be a lot to take in but..."

Sakura turned her head around with her mouth stuffed with chips, "What?"

Hinata looked at Sakura with intensity, "I have been informed by the Hokage to tell you that we have been assigned to go on a mission."

Sakura frowned and raised one brow, "Huh? What's this one about?"

Hinata cleared her throat, "The Hokage has been informed that a secret group of ninjas have been keeping a Time Travel Scroll and are planning to travel back in time to overtake the ninja villages." Hinata looked at Sakura nervously.

Sakura stared at Hinata for a long time before speaking again, "I-I'm sorry I didn't hear you right did I? Did I hear... Time Travel Scroll?" Sakura immediately had flashbacks of the time when Tsunade barged into her room and sent her back in time. She made many good memories in the timeline she was sent to. But also many sad ones too.

Sakura shook her head and began eating again. Hinata stood up, "No. You heard me right. We're going on this mission, Sakura. Please don't refuse again. We're doing this for the sake of the ninja villages."

Sakura turned her back on Hinata and tightened her fists, "No, I've already told you, I'm retiring from doing ninja work. I already did what I could."

Hinata bit her lip and took a step towards Sakura, "But we're a team Sakura! We got along so well! What happened to make you so tired of being a ninja?" Sakura gritted her teeth and walked towards Hinata with her shoulders hunched.

"Look, I've had enough with the ninja missions, and the fact that there is a time travel scroll in this one makes it even worse! Are you guys trying to mock me?!"

Hinata doubles back for a moment in shock. The shy girl took a calming breath and then asserts herself, she stepped toward Sakura with determination, "No! You're too afraid to face your mistakes! You've given up on yourself! Sakura, I believe in you! Please don't give up on yourself!"