34: Gone Under

"It's so dark in here...ow!"
Sakura rubbed her head as she recovered from hitting her head on the dirty ceiling. She felt her way towards the beginning of the tunnel and eventually felt a cold and plastic feeling on her finger, Sakura grabbed ahold of the handle and flicked the switch. The small lamp light up the tunnel.

Since this lamp didn't need to use real fire to light it, you could extract your chakra energy to fuel the light-in which Sakura was doing. As Sakura's eyes adjusted to the dim lighting she had noticed that Sasuke was sprawled on the floor in front of her.

It seemed that he was knocked unconscious from the fall and was resting quietly on the ground. However, he would wake up and probably start struggling again.. Sakura quietly sauntered over to the senseless male and grabbed him by the leg then slowly started to drag him across the floor. She wasn't able to carry him since the tunnel was tightly-packed.

When Sakura reached the end of the tunnel she was met with a staircase leading down to the underground. Sakura sighed and set her lamp down on the floor gently, making a small clink. She hauled Sasuke onto her back as she stepped onto the staircase.

The entrance to the stairway was much more taller, thankfully, so that she could carry him on her back with ease. She turned around and reached for the lamp, then proceeded to go down.

When Sakura reached the bottom she was met with a door, there was a small pad with numbers on it to the side.
A password? Let me think...

Sakura made her guess and typed in a few digits, to her surprise it was correct. The door made a whirring noise and many clanking noises could be heard, there was quite a lot of locks imbedded into the steel door. Sakura wondered if they were to be easily opened using ninjutsu.

After a few moments the door slowly slid open and it revealed a somewhat disturbing dark hallway. There were lights placed on the hallway walls on each side. None of them seemed to be usable, due to their state.

Sakura decided to tread carefully into the dark passage just in case there were traps set, and there were. When she accidentally stepped on a string it set off blaring alarms and darts came flying out of the ceiling and Sakura yelled in shock. She tried to move back but tripped on her feet and propelled forward.
"Agh!"

To her dismay the darts all hit Sasuke, who was on her back. That seemed to wake him up, he let out a groan and then passed out again. Sakura dragged herself out of the darts range and put Sasuke up against the wall to check for his wounds.
She turned him around and started to pull the darts out of his back, when she was pulling one however it cut her finger and she began to feel dizzy, she grimaced.

What is this drug?

Sakura fought back her wooziness and continued to pull the darts from his back one by one, and the alarms eventually stopped.
I'll bet that someone heard the alarms, I'll have to find the safe place quickly..

When Sakura was finished she quickly pulled Sasuke up and rushed down the hallway with him on her back again.
I'll have to check those wounds later.
————————————

Sakura let out a huge breath of relief when they reached the end. The steel door slowly closed behind her and she gently laid Sasuke on the couch in the corner of the room.
Apparently this was an underground bunker in Kohona that families would hide in during wars. However, the people of the village eventually forgot about this place. Sakura only knows this because Tsunade had shown her this.

Sakura walked over to a small light switch in the kitchen area, she flipped it on and suddenly the whole room was buzzing and light poured over her.
She noticed in the corner of her eye that there was a medical kit lain behind the a small toaster. She snatched it and fumbled with the opening until the box clicked open, Sakura grinned when she saw all of the items stored in there.
—————————————

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN THAT SHES GONE?!?" Sakura father yelled in disbelief,
"I'm sorry sir but it seems that the patient had escaped in the morning through the window, the security cameras were broken so we had no idea what had happened to her. We are having search parties of ninjas look for her right now, I can notify you if she ever turns up."
The receptionist sighed and shook her head.

".....I....I can't believe it...why would she do this..." Sakura's mother sniffled. Naruto was watching the scene unfold behind them, he was planning to see Sakura today and happened to meet her parents along the way.
But he couldn't believe that Sakura had gone missing. Naruto gritted his teeth balled his fist, what if she got hurt and nobody was there to save her? Naruto couldn't bear the thought of his crush being harmed and shook that thought away elsewhere.
He continued to listen to the conversation.

Sakura's mother rocked back and forth on her feet, everything seemed to go downhill for her daughter every since the chunin exams started. And Sakura didn't even tell her! Her own parents!
Sakura wasn't spending as much time with her family as she used to, her mother was afraid that the family was going to grow apart. Meanwhile the father was standing in deep though and was constantly asking for more information about his daughter whereabouts. He seems to be very frustrated.

The receptionist sighed as she answered the fathers questions repeatedly with the same answer, "Sorry sir, but no we do not have any new info on her whereabouts yet. We will notify you if we find her."
The woman asked for the parents to sit down and wait just in case the search party has found information on Sakura. The receptionist looked back to her screen and swiftly typed on her keyboard, she clicked every few times and soon came to a stop when she landed on something interesting. She looked up and called for Sakuras family to come up.

"Wait. I've got a message that seems to be affiliated with your daughter sir. It seems that she was at the Kohona prison helping a prisoner escape." The receptionists eyes widened as she read the news. Sakura's father clenched his fists, "...w...who was the prisoner...."
"Sasuke Uchiha, sir."

—————————————

Sakura was applying bandages to Sasuke's wounds when he suddenly began to stir. He drowsily looked up at Sakura. They sat there staring at each other for a moment before Sakura saw a tear slip down Sasuke's cheek.

"....mom.....dad...." Sasuke smiled weakly before letting out a sob, it seems like he was being heavily affected by the drugs that were plunged into him by the darts. Sakura sat Sasuke up and he winced, his eyes moved towards her. Sakura paused but then enveloped Sasuke into a warm hug. Sasuke stared off into to space and then let out a small chuckle.

"I'm so alone." Sasuke whispered. Sakura perked up in confusion.
"Why did you have to do this?" He continued.

"WHY DID YOU DO IT?!" He screamed and clutched his head. Sakura let go of Sasuke and shook him by the shoulders.
"S-Snap out of it, Sasuke!" Sasuke angrily turned towards Sakura and drowsily grabbed her hair. He tried to pull her in for a punch. Sakura winced and escaped his grip. Sasuke then feel onto his knees. And stared into space again as if nothing happened.

What was that? Bipolar disorder? No...It couldn't. PTSD?... Those poisons are bad news.

Sakura suddenly was snapped out of her thoughts when Sasuke hooked his arms around her legs and started pulling her towards him.
"Hey! What?" She said with a hint of irritation. Sasuke however was already asleep.

————-
Hey guys thanks for reading this far, sorry I got a bit lazy. Anyways I decided to make the most of my break and make a new part.
Hope you enjoyed because I sure didn't enjoy that writers block
( ˃̶͈̀˂̶͈́)⁾⁾