F O U R - "Tell me."

This chapter is dedicated to @cuteandinnocent for voting and commenting! Thank you so much!

••••

"He's my best friend."

"Shut the fuck up!" I shout, a smile on my face.

"Nope. Known him for eight years, why don't you believe me?" He questions.

"Because you're so happy and polite and he's so...." I make a face, scrunching up my nose.

"Cocky? Arrogant? Acts like a child?" He suggests, a teasing tone beneath his words.

"Exactly." I say, nodding in agreement.

"Yeah, but he's alright once you get to know him."

"You sound so convincing..." I drawl, rolling my eyes, a playful smile still on my face.

"You're just gonna need to figure that out yourself then."

••••

I wake up the next morning at seven am and quickly hop in the shower. After that, I dry my hair, brush my teeth and get ready for the day.

I'm dressed in Adidas trainers and Nike sports leggings with gold writing saying just do it along my calf. For my top, I quickly throw on a grey, loose crop top and set off out of my dorm room.

We're also in California, so there's no need for a jacket even if it is September.

Damn you climate change.

Rob also sleeps like he's in a coma, with no chance of waking up, so I wasn't worried about disturbing him.

I set off on my small walk to my recently found gym/dance building.

I discovered it around three months ago and have since then continued to go twice a week. If you phone up the owners, a old and very cute couple, and tell them when you want the dance studio, they'll book it out for you. For free.

The only good thing about being a student. Sympathy.

The only payment is a mention whenever you perform.

Alright for some, I suppose.

The walk takes around five minutes and I listen to music on my headphones whilst I walk along the moderately quiet streets of California.

As I push open the doors to the building, I'm immediately greeted by a welcoming voice.

"Morning, Skylar. Here for the dance studio?" The receptionist, Chloe, who I've come to know through my many visits, beams at me with her usual bright smile.

"You know it. Can I go straight up?" I ask, eager to go and start dancing.

"Yep, you know where to go!" She says.

I love her enthusiasm and everything, but it is still half seven in the morning...

"Damn straight I do." I laugh, trying to match her happiness but miserably failing.

I go up the two flights of stairs and pass the gym. The stairs have a wall of windows going up and looking into the gym, meaning anyone can look in.

Hello, insecurities.

I push open the wooden door to the dance studio, already finding myself smiling and feeling ready to dance.

A pine wood coats the floor. The walls are all white, with one covered in mirrors and one at the back completely made of windows. There's a stereo by the wall of the windows and I immediately walk towards it.