T W E N T Y N I N E ~ "I won't"

A X E L ' S   P O V

Focus.

The feeling that centers everything. Makes the non-important stuff disappear and the things you need stand out in bold. It slows time, creating an area with infinite possibilities.

It would be great if I could just fucking achieve it right now.

My elbows rest against my knees, my face resting in my clasped hands. After another night of nearly no sleep, my dreams plagued Skylar, I'm beyond tired today.

My teammates surround me, their faces pictures of determination and focus. Lucky bastards.

Rory sits opposite me away from the rest of the team and due to him being a sub this match, he's incredibly irritable.

Definitely didn't have a part in him being a sub this match.

Okay, so maybe I did.

Because after that showdown we had a week ago, I cannot get over my feelings. Every time I think about it, the same feeling of rage washes over me. But the problem is:

1) He's my teammate and he's good at football, so I can't keep him subbed forever.

2) I can't sort out my feelings because the one person I want to talk to about all of this is demanding that we have a 'break'.

The fact that I want to talk to her about my feelings, surely proves that I'm dedicated to her. I want her to meet all of my family, I want her to meet all of my friends. But I can't prove that because she keeps pushing my feelings away. Maybe that's why I was scared to introduce her to people - I was protecting myself in case she continued to push me away.

I shouldn't have let her. I should've done a big soppy gesture and told her I loved her.

Trust me, if I had the option to do it now, I sure as hell would. 

So, basically my thoughts aren't all rainbows and sunshine at the moment.

My name echoes through the locker room, causing me to perk-up.

"You need to get your head in the game, Axel. You can't let your teammates down, it isn't an option. Every match is now or never and if you think it's never, I'm going to whoop your ass out of this stadium." Coach glares at me, an eyebrow raised.

His stance is demands attention, strong and broad-shouldered. His lips are pressed into a thin line, which makes me gulp in nervousness.

"I won't. I never do, Coach, you should know that." I say, putting on a fake display of confidence.

Coach can't know. My teammate can't know. My family can't know.

I feel like a mime artist stuck in a box of feelings, I can't get out.

Trust me to fall for the most complicated girl. She's one hundred percent worth it, though.

Coach ends his speech by creating a chant and then walking off and slamming his office door.

I don't call him shit-yourself Coach for nothing.

Grabbing my stuff that's encased in a duffel bag, I head out of the door.

Heading out with all of my teammates, my pace quickly lands me at the back.

Turning to look around campus, me eyes land on something beyond beautiful.