E I G H T E E N - "Not that obsessed."

This chapter is dedicated to @_mell20_  for voting! Thank you so much x

••••

Warm covers surround me, a pillow rests beneath my head and an arm rests against my waist.

Stretching my legs out, I relax back into the position I was just in. Opening my eyes, I let out a content sigh.

I focus on the fact that I'm not in my room. With one dark blue wall and the other three white, similar white furniture and dark grey bedding, Axel's room is easily one of the most stylish boys room I've ever been in.

Like I've been in many.

The smell of Axel's cologne surrounds me as I take a deep breath against the pillow.

Zoning my eyes on the tanned arm round my waist, I feel the butterflies in my stomach wake up with me.

I hear a shuffle behind me and a warm breath teases the back of my neck. I stay still and shut my eyes again, pretending to sleep.

Because what else would I do? Not say good morning like a normal person.

No.

I have to pretend to be asleep.

I don't even know what goes through my own head sometimes.

I feel Axel slowly raise his arm off of my waist, pausing every so often to ensure that I'm still asleep.

I feel his weight press off the mattress and his footsteps move around the room toward me. I keep my eyes closed and try to hide my smile by digging my head further into the pillow.

I feel his gaze penetrating through me, I always do. I assume he crouches down because I can feel his body very close to my own.

Man I wish I could open my eyes.

I feel his finger gently trace over my cheek and down my jawline, as if to ingrain my face into his memory. His soft lips press against my forehead suddenly and I can't keep my smile to myself anymore.

Peeking one eye open, Axel beams at me. "I knew you were awake." He teases, before standing up. "Coffee?" He offers.

"Please." I ask, before Axel walks out of the door and into the kitchen.

Jumping up out of bed, I go and brush my teeth.

No chance is he smelling my morning breath any more than he already has.

Grabbing my bag that I brought with me, I brush my teeth before getting back into the extremely comfy bed.

Sitting up against the headboard, I turn on my phone and scroll through my feed. I message Emma to reassure her that I wasn't alone last night and ask how how she's feeling, she texts back immediately .

Emma:

That's good. I feel alright, just like I'm stuck in a bad dream that I can't wake up from :(  Make sure to snog Axel while you have the chance!

I snort at her reply and send her a cheeky remark back, hoping to make her smile. The thought of her happiness, that always shines out of her being dimmer that usual is making me feel nauseous.

Axel comes back into the room at this point and sees my expression straight away.

"What's wrong?" He asks, handing me a cup of coffee and settling back into bed with his own.

I take a sip and feel the burning sensation go down my throat, the feeling oddly reassuring.

The emotions randomly burst through me, like a dam breaking open.