T H I R T Y E I G H T - "Your idiot, though."

This chapter is dedicated to @diyasue for voting and commenting! Thank you so much :)

••••

"I really need to go." I giggle as Axel comes out of his side of the car.

Pulling up at the dorm room car-park, I'm basically jumping up and down from happiness inside. My date with Axel went better than I ever could've expected it too.

After deciding to give it another go, it's a though the small flicker of hope that remained in my chest throughout our break has turned into a whole explosion of light and happiness.

"I know, I just don't want to leave you. Finally get you back and then I have to go again." Axel complains, walking around his side of the car to come and stand in front of me. Wrapping an arm round my waist, he draws me closer to his body.

I let out a contented sigh as I lay my head on his shoulder, his arms coming around me.

"I know, but you're going to football practice. It's not like we're going on a break." I laugh at his dramatic attitude, giving him a bit of a reality check.

Hi arms tighten around me as I mention the break. Bringing his hands to play with the ends of my hair, he keeps me close when he murmurs, "No, we're never doing that again. Ever."

"Right," I agree. "But, you're seriously going to be late for practice."

"Meh." He shrugs, giving me a grin.

Unable to help myself, I use my unbroken arm to draw him closer to me. His lips touch mine in the familiar dance as the immortal sparks light up inside my head.

Loosing myself in him, I forget about the world. Only focusing on my current feelings of elation. I inwardly scold myself when my smile gets in the way of our lips.

But maybe it was a good thing we stopped making-out because the next thing I hear is a whoop of joy.

Axel and I slowly turn. Still in his arms, I twist my neck round to see Rob and Emma bounding over to us with smiles bigger than their faces. Carrying Starbucks, they clearly stopped for coffee, before stumbling upon Axel and I.

Before they reach us, Axel leans down and whispers in my ear, "You know, if you got into the car really quickly we could drive away."

I playfully slap his shoulder at his suggestion, knowing that we're going to have to face our friends at one moment or the other.

"Tell me I'm not dreaming again!" Rob practically screams in excitement.

Letting his arms fall from my waist, Axel grabs my hand in a reassuring manner. His lips pull up at the corner as he shouts back at Rob, "Again?"

"Not important right now! Are you guys back together?" Emma asks, urgency and excitement clear in her tone.

Axel and I look at each other with a shy smile as he squeezes my hand in reassurance. Taking a deep breath, I nod.

"Thank god!" Emma and Rob both exclaim/half groan in relief.

"We weren't that bad." Axel defends.

"Bad? Bad! You missed two of our meetups! You might as well of shot me in the chest." Rob basically shouts, looking at Axel accusingly despite the smile on his face.

"I need details." Emma sequels, almost jumping up and down in her eagerness. 

"I need to go anyway." Axel nods, leaning down he kisses me on the cheek.

Waving goodbye to Rob and Emma, he opens the car door. Sending me a wink, he climbs into his car and drives away.

Leaving me with the two hyper toddlers - also known as my two best friends.