T H I R T Y S E V E N ~ "I'm optimistic."

This chapter is dedicated to @s_lee02 for voting and commenting! Thank you so much!

••••

"I need to calm down." I stress, running a hand through my hair.

"Are you really that nervous?" Rob asks, turning off his phone so he can focus his attention on me.

"Nah, I'm fine," I say sarcastically before rolling my eyes and turning serious again. "Of course I'm nervous! What if I mess this up?"

"He's the one who should be nervous. He's the one winning you back, for crying out loud! You need to remember that." Emma reminds me, looking at me through pointed eyes that dare me to talk back.

"I thought you were okay with us now?" I ask, totally confused about her mood over Axel.

"I am. If he treats you right." She winks.

It's two in the afternoon and my date with Axel is today. I'm frantically getting ready whilst Emma and Rob sit there amused at my less than subtle freaking out.

"Shoes, shoes, where the fuck have I put my shoes..." I mumble to myself, while searching round the room.

"Calm down, Cupcake. He's not arriving for another half an hour." Rob says, smiling at me softly in the hopes to calm me down.

"He always arrives twenty minutes early, you should know that." I say incredulously.

"Yeah, that's true. You really should find your shoes." Rob nods.

Letting out a string of curse words, I eventually find my shoes in the bathroom after another five minutes of searching.

I don't even want to know why they were there.

Standing in front of the floor length mirror I smooth my hands over my black jeans, and assess myself one more time. Standing in my white converse, ripped black jeans and my baggy off the shoulder khaki jumper - I feel confident.

Axel's only instructions for this date was to dress casually.

Aka, the worst words a girl can hear when planning an outfit for a date.

Walking back into the room, I see Emma and Rob smirking at something on his phone.

"What's that?" I ask, intrigued.

Rob immediately pulls his phone away and puts it in his back pocket before saying, "Nothing."

"I think you should show her." Emma nods, an excited glint in her eye appearing.

Rob lets out a sigh and pulls his phone back out, showing me what he was hiding. On his phone, is a message from Axel.

My BFF:
Absolutely terrified man, what if I mess it up? Just want her to have a good time. How's she feeling?

My heart melts and I know my face has lit up red. Clearing my throat, I can't help the smile that breaks out across my face when I say, "Well, at least we know he's nervous too."

Rob tips his head back and laughs as Emma giggles beside him.

"You two are hopeless." He mutters, shaking his head, still grinning to himself.

Just as I'm abut to defend myself, a knock on the door interrupts me.

Show time.

Taking a calming breath, I grab my bag and head to the door. Opening it up, Axel stands there with a small smile on his face.