F O R T Y - "Have fun."

This chapter is dedicated to @sad_alysa for voting, commenting and following me! Thank you so much, it means a lot :)

••••
We're back to Skylar's POV!
••••

"I swear he is the hottest man on the earth!" Emma exclaims, leaning over the table to look at Rob with an intimidating stare.

"He is not, Nick Jonas is one-hundred percent better looking than Joe Jonas," Rob replies coolly. "It's obvious, you're just blind."

"Says the one who thinks that Nick can sing better! I mean, come on. Skylar, I need your help here." Emma says, looking over at me expectantly.

I throw my hands in the air, in an invisible act of surrender. "I don't want to get into this." I say honestly, knowing better than to get in the way of Rob's beliefs of pop culture.

"She's being ridiculous, you agree don't you Axel?" Rob says, also turning to his best friend for help.

Axel shrugs in a way that fully shows off his laid-back attitude. Releasing a huff of annoyance at his best friend, Rob turns back to Emma to continue their heated argument.

Rob and Emma continue to fight as Axel and I sip on our drinks, watching amused by the annoyance coming from our best friends. Sitting in one of the campus's cafes, we've all come for an afternoon catch-up. It was supposed to be Rob and Axel's meet-up, but Emma and I decided to tag along as well. 

Looking at his watch, Axel lets out a sigh of annoyance. His eyes flicker between the three of us before going back to his watch.

"What's wrong?" I ask, sensing his internal debate.

"Football practice starts soon but I don't want to go." He huffs.

I let out a quiet laugh, squeezing his hand that's currently clasped in my own. "You need to, you are their super hot athlete after all."

"Nah, that's only for you." Axel jokes and my stomach flutters on cue. "I'm just their boring, loud quarterback."

"A very good quarterback, nonetheless." I smile.

Axel grins at the lighthearted praise and his dimples make their rare appearance. His happiness almost floors me, but instead spreads into me. Lifting me up and making me feel as though I'm immune to any other emotions apart from joy.

"Right, okay. I'm going, I'm going." Axel sighs, grabbing his phone from off of the table and putting it into his pocket.

"Have fun." I murmur, which I know it's pointless because Axel will always has fun with football. It's the fuel that keeps the fire of his passion burning, he will always love the sport because it's so effortless and fun to him.

"I'll have more fun with you tonight. Come round at seven." Axel winks.

My face turns beetroot as I try to make my brain produce a comprehend-able sentence.

I've got nothing.

"See you then." I nod dumbly.

Reaching over, Axel grabs both of my hands in his before giving me a soft kiss on my lips. He's obviously not bothered about the people around him and the feeling of his lips on mine, in a way that's so carefree, makes me melt into him. Keeping it soft and gentle, when he eventually lets me go, my body thrums with adoration.

After waving goodbye to Emma and Rob, he leaves. Turning back to the table, I soon realise that he's actually just left me alone with my two best friends who look like they've put their argument to rest to interrogate me instead.