T W E L V E - "Why?"

This chapter is dedicated to @greyskiesareneeded for voting and commenting!! Thank you so much :)

••••

My body moves to the beat. My legs and chest burning but it's nothing compared to how brilliant I feel right now.

The dance routine that I've been working on for two months is finally finished and dancing to it gives me such a thrill.

I'm such a dance nerd...

When the song comes to an end, I wipe my forehead with a towel and let out a breath. My body is exhausted after two hours of dancing and I just want to sleep.

Packing up my stuff I head out the door and go down the stairs. Ever since the incident where I fell down in front of Axel, it takes me about five minutes to get down them

Better safe than sorry.

When I reach the bottom, I wave goodbye to the receptionist and walk out of the building.

Walking onto the street, it feels as though a bucket of fresh air has been poured over me, infiltrating through every pore making me feel ridiculously refreshed.

I take about five steps forward in the direction of my dorm room, with the full intent to sleep the day away, before I hear footsteps behind me.

Turning round, I see Axel jogging behind me.

Shirtless.

I actually don't think he owns any tops.

His chest is painted with sweat, indicating that he must be close to finishing his run. He's wearing blue, loose Nike shorts and nothing else.

I stop walking and begin to smile as Axel gets closer.

His devastatingly blue eyes widen as he recognises me. He merely nods in my direction before continuing to jog pass me.

What the hell was that?

••••

"You reek of sweat." Emma complains as she spins round on my office chair.

"Yeah, did the gym crawl up and vomit on you or something?" Rob asks, as he eyebrows furrow.

"Wow, you guys are so supportive!" I say in a high-pitched voice. Clapping my hands slowly to show my sarcasm.

Dropping my bag on my bed, I turn and point at Emma. "What are you doing here?" I ask.

"I'm smart and he can't write an essay to save his life." She shrugs as she turns back to the open laptop on the desk.

"You're still on that?!" I ask, my eyebrows raising in surprise.

"Not all of us are meant for essays. Some of us are meant for shopping instead, okay?" Rob argues back, a frown of his face.

"Okay!" I laugh as I walk into the bathroom to take a shower.

••••

Later that afternoon, Rob and I lay on our own beds both staring up at the ceiling.

"At least you have that essay done." I suggest, trying to keep the mood high.

"Yeah, but we already know that." Rob says as he rolls onto his side and leans his head against his hand. "What we don't know, is what is happening with you and Axel."

"Me and Axel?" I ask, trying to look innocent.

I'm so screwed.

"Yes. What's happening, you looked rather cosy in the sleepover." He smirks.