T W E N T Y T W O - "Wait for me."

This chapter is dedicated to @theultimatetomboy101 for voting and leaving comments that made me grin! Thank you so much :)

••••

We're back to Skylar's POV!

••••

"Anytime." Axel murmurs as he returns my hug, his touch delicate as if he thinks he can break me.

I smile into his chest at his compassion. Today at the hospital, I don't think I've ever seen anyone that concerned for me. Sure, I was slightly annoyed at Rob for phoning Axel and making a big deal out of me breaking my arm. But once Axel arrived, I was actually pretty relieved that he had been phoned.

The sound of the bathroom door opening draws our attention and makes us slowly break apart.

Rob peaks his head round the door with a hand covering his eyes and whispers, "You guys aren't having sex, right?"

I let out a gentle laugh at Rob's dramatic thoughts before whispering back, "No."

Rob removes his hand from his eyes and the shouts, "Oh, thank god!" As he dramatically falls back onto his bed.

He seems to do that at any opportunity...

"We still can if you want." Axel smirks as he puts a hand on my hip and pulls me into him.

The sudden movement creates a spark of pain through my skull. A dull throbbing follows, the spark of pain causes me to screw my eyes shut and let out a quiet groan in pain.

I feel Axel slowly drop his hand from my hip and place it on my cheek, a reoccurring habit of his right now. He leans down to my height and says, "Sky, you okay?"

I decide to let the nickname pass without further complaint, knowing that it's irrelevant right now. I sigh and lean my face into the palm of his hand, the warmth of his hand comforting me.

"My head hurts." I say, feeling guilty for complaining.

"Lie down, Cupcake. You need some rest." Rob encourages as Axel lets go of my face so that I can walk over to the bed.

I place my pillows against my headboard and lean against them so I'm half sitting up and half lying down. A content sigh leaves my lips as I sink into the mattress.

Opening up my phone, I'm hit with a mountain of messages from Emma. Most of them containing a lot of curses and exclamation marks.

I quickly text her back, hoping she hasn't worried to much. She doesn't need stress right now.

Skylar:

I'm fine, Rob's just overreacting as usual! Face-time tomorrow? Miss you :( x

As I put away my phone, Axel's begins to ring.

Rob looks up in interest, asking, "Are you gonna tell them about-" But he's cut off by Axel shaking his head, a stern look on his face.

What was that?

Axel lets his eyes slide to mine, his gaze burning on my skin, but I pretend to be invested in my phone, not noticing what just occurred.

Axel comes back into the room after five minutes, the phone call obviously being a short one.

"Movie afternoon?" Axel suggests as he stands by Rob's computer, flicking through Netflix.

"How do you know my laptop password?" Rob shrieks as he suddenly sees Axel on his laptop without permission.

"And how do penguins not fly? Life is full of many wonders, my friend." Axel replies flawlessly, mischievously grinning at Rob.