Chapter 6

I walk into school with Liam next to me. I guess he understands what im going through. i look straight ahead and see him. I stop in my tracks and stare. This is not happening again. I stare and stare until Liam snaps me out of it. He follows me eyes and see him.

He says "You know the new kid?"

I say "That's Ashton. The one I killed."

Ashton walks up to me and smiles.

He says "Nice to see you again. Surprised? Me to."

I growl at him and push Liam behind me. Ashton laughs and looks at Liam.

He says "You must be my replacement. I see your a werewolf. She can't kill you like she tried to do me."

I say "I didn't change him. Scott did."

He says "The true alpha! Nice."

I say "How do you even know about this stuff?"

He says "Let's just say, I've been around for a while,."

He smirks and walks off. My head turns when I hear my name.

"Her name is on the list. I can't just kill Emily. She's one of us."

"She's one of them! She's on the list and were going after her and Liam tonight."

I say "Did you hear that?"

He says "No?"

I say "Someone's going after us. And there planning to kill us."

+

I look at Scott with worries eyes.

He says "There not gonna kill you Emily."

I say "There planning on it! I'm not worth money! What about Liam! It can't be another one of those things where its me or Liam."

He says "It won't. I'll call Derek. Get him to follow you all night. Then I'll stay with Liam at the game. Just go home and get some rest."

I nod and turn and start walking home. I open the door and there stands a woman. I have seen her before with my father.

She says "He's out there killing people. We needs you."

I say "I don't know what your talking about."

She says "Say the code with us Emily."

"We hunt those who hunt us."

I say "I protect those who can't protect themselves."

She look at me with disbelieve.

She says "You made your own code?"

I say "I'm a werewolf. I protect those who can't protect themselves."

I flash my fangs and eyes and growl.

She says "How long have you been like this?"

I say "All my life. I follow my code and if I'm hunting with you, you follow it to. We have the same enemy here. And shes coming after me tonight."

She says "How do you know?"

I say "She goes to my school. I heard her with my hearing."

Derek says "Emily, why didn't you tell me?"

I say "Don't just randomly show up in my house. Do you realize this is a hunters home and there are hunters in front of me?"

I'm pissed at him. He kisses me and just randomly leaves.

He says "What's wrong with you?"

I say "Oh I don't know Derek. This morning you kiss me then just drive off when you were supposed to take me to school."

He says "Emily, I was with Scott and Stiles all morning. After Deucalion showed up I left."

I say "No you were with me all morning."

He says "Emily I swear I wasn't. Listen to my heartbeat. I'm not lying."

I close my eyes and listen to his heartbeat. Its normal. He wasn't lying.

I say "Oh god."

He says "What?"

I say "I'm seeing things. Hallucinations. Were wolfs don't do that."

The hunter says "If you get scratched by an alpha you do."

Derek says "Is it possible that Scott scratched you when you where at the hospital? Or another alpha?"

I say "Well, I do have a scratch on my arm that won't heal."

I flip my arm over and see the scratch.

Derek flashes his eyes and nods.

He says "Its a alpha scratch."

I say "How do I fix it?"

She says "You can't. The alpha can. Weather he knows how to or not is up to him."

She leaves out the door and shuts it. I look at Derek.

I say "I need to get this fixed. I swear you were with me this morning."

He says "Yeah, let's go."

I nod and we get into the car and drive to the school. I get out and run to the boys locker room. I see someone crawling around. He's on the other team.

I say "Why are you crawling?"

He says "Get out of here. She's here looking for you."

I run over to him and help him up. I carry him out and hand him to Derek. I walk back in and hear her heartbeat.

I say "You know I am one of you. A hunter, but I'm also one of them. A werewolf. I have training for both. So I know all your moves, weapons, even how you think. If I'm worth so much money, why don't you come get it. Its right here waiting but I swear if you come out, I'll kill you in a seconds."

A girl comes a out. Garrets girlfriend.

She says "Your not one of me. You don't hunt like me."

I say "Oh I do, I just don't follow your code. I follow my own."

I'm now face to face with her walking in circles.

She says "Witch is?"

I say "I protect those, who can't protect themselves."

She says "That's pathetic."

I say "No, your pathetic."

I fully shift and growl at her. She laughs. She charges at me and I duck and put her in a head lock. Someone else comes in. I push her with my claws at her neck. I see Garrett. He looks at her then to me.

I say "I don't hunt those that are were wolfs. I protect those who can't protect themselves. Like Liam, Brett, and the other Omega's. So if you want your money, your going to have to kill me. Oh and don't miss."

I push her to the ground and walk out. Scott walks in and I walk over to Brett. I grab him in my arms and lay him on the floor. I flash my eyes and look. Wolfbane. Witch means I have to burn where the wolfsbane was entered.

I say "We need to treat this fast. Help me get him to your car. I can't leave him here,"

He nods and helps me carry him to his car. I lay him in the back seat and put his head in my lap. Derek drives off. I look down at Brett. I push his hair out of his face. He slowly starts closing his eyes.

I yell "Brett keep your eyes open."

He snaps his eyes open and stares at me. Derek puts the car in park and I carry Brett into Derek's house and I lay him on the couch. Derek hands me a fire thingy lit.

I say "Brett, this gonna hurt like hell."

I place the fire on his leg where she stabbed him. I wince at his screaming. He passes out. As soon as I'm done I hand the thing to Derek and stare at Brett's body. This is the boy Liam is always talking about. The one that ruined his life. I look up to see Liam burst through the door.