Chapter 9

After Derek told me he loved me, we have been like friends with benefits. We not really dating but we hug, kiss, and sleep together. I'm not really into that thought, I think that if your gonna kiss and all that you should be dating. Something. I'm on my way home from school, I going to talk to him about it. I pull up and park myth car and get my bag and bring it inside. I set it down and see a chick holding a pole in Dereks back. I see all the pack of when I saw my father. I growl and shift. The all look at me.

I say "Back up. Away from him. Now."

My eyes change and I stare at her. My red eyes gleam in the light. She pulls the pole out and walks towards me.

She says "Awe, the little coyote is a alpha."

I say "Awe, the little werewolf don't know who I am. Daddy your not gonna let her hurt me are you?"

I look up to Deucalion and see him staring at me.

She says "This is your daughter! The coyote!"

I growl and back up up against the wall. I put my arm to her neck.

I say "Yeah, I'm also a hunter. Wanna try me?"

She growls and I growl back. She pushes me off and storms off. I smirk and look at the rest of them.

I say "What do you want?"

The boy my age says "We want you in our pack."

I say "I have my own pack. Now get out."

I point to the door and they leave. I run over and drop to Derek's side. I flip him over and look him in the eyes.

He says "Thank you ."

I say "Don't worry about it. Are you okay?"

He says "Yeah, its healing. Are you okay?"

I say "Peachy."

I grab his hand and pull him to his feet. I help him walk to the table. I set him up there and look at the wound. Its not healing right.

He says "How's it looking?"

I say "Its not healing fast. At all. Derek why arnt you healing right? What's wrong?"

He says "We need to talk."

I look at him and down to the wound. I sit on the table next to him and look at him.

He says " When Kate took me, and turned me younger. She took something from me. My eye color. I thought that's all she took."

I say "When Kate took you? Who's Kate?"

He says "She was a hunter Peter killed. Just like Ashton, it turned her instead of killing her. She's a were-jaguar. But what she took wasn't just my eye color, it was something else to. Something I have had all my life."

I say "Your loosing your power."

He says "How do you know?"

I say "The same thing happened to my kidnapper. She lost her blue eyes, then she lost her smell, then she lost her hearing, then she lost her strength. Then she couldn't shift, then she was human."

He says "The only way to fix it is by a true alpha. But I don't know how."

I say "I'll find out. Don't worry. I'll keep you safe. I love you."

He says "I love you to."

I say "Now its my turn to talk."

He says "Go ahead."

I say "We can't keep kissing and stuff. Were not dating, we could but were not. it is more like friends with benefits. I don't like it. Either we date and we can kiss and stuff or we don't date and we don't kiss or stuff. I don't like it."

He says "Well I'm all up for dating. If you would like."

I say "Great, I'd love to."

He smiles. Wow, the first time i have ever seen Derek smile. He leans down and kisses me. It was soft, slow and wasnt forced. It was a nice kiss. The best one yet. I pull back and smile the biggest smile ever.

~ Derek's POV ~

I look down at the most beautifulest girl ever. Im not one to show my feelings but this girl right in front of me? She is going to change that. I love her and everything she does. With her ebing a true alpha i dont have to worry about her ebing bad or doing bad things. I dont have to fall for her then have her took away. She's not like Jenniffer. Shes completely different. Shes like me, she's lost but has been found.

+

~Emily's pov~

i look up at Ashton who has made his way to me.

I say "Go away."

He says "We need to talk."

I say "Then talk."

I give him a look and sigh. I sit down with him.

He says "I want to be in your pack. We all do. I know things are not the way the used to be but I'm willing to give it a second chance. We can be like we used to. "

I say "Ashton, you can be in my pack but as for a second chance? I think your crazy. You had that chance once you came back to life. You took something from me. My eye color, the bravery to have a best friend, or to even let someone in. You don't understand what you put me through all those years."

He says "Do you even feel bad about what you did to me? You killed me Emily! I legally died and came back to life! I went through hell to survive."

I say "You know what Ashton! I know what I did to you and I couldn't be more sorry. Do you understand that every time my eyes changed color I was reminded about what I did, every single time someone talked to me I ran away, every single time I cried myself to sleep I thought about what I did. All for nothing. I considered myself a killer. A murderer. A monster."

~Flashback~

5 years ago.

I hold the small pill in my hand. The one that could end it all. I look at it and slowly bring it up to my mouth. I'm a killer, I killed someone. My father is trying to kill me. I have nothing to live for. My mother just keeps getting hurt because of me. I took the pill. It never did anything. I healed to fast.

~ End of flashback ~

He says "Emily I'm"

I say "No! Save it. I don't want to hear it."

I turn to find Liam. I walk in to the locker room and see him sitting under the shower like I was before. He looks up at me with glowing eyes. This can't be good.