Chapter 16

My eyes change into a bright red. i look at the mark i made on his arm and sigh. Its healing.

I say " Liam ?"

I look around as i smell his scent. I slight lay Dereks head on the ground. I stand up and walk around. I close my eyes and listen. There is five heartbeats in this room. Me, Derek, Liam, Ashton, and Peter.

I scream " Leave him alone!! TRhey didnt do anything im still willing to help you! Just leave them  alone! Please. "

Peter pops out dragging Liam and Ashton behind them.

He says " That was some scream you had. How did you do it? "

I say " Its called the human coyote cry. Its rare and hard to learn but i did. "

He says " hmm, now about this Dessert wolf. Contact her. "

I say " Give me what i need and i will. "

He pulls a small box out of his pocket and hands it to me. I look him in the eyes and over to Derek who is looking at me like im crazy.

Peter  says " Now, lets do this. "

I nod never making contact with anyone. I open the box and slowly put my fingers inside it.  i close my eyes and sigh.

I say " I seek of the Dessert wolf. Teresa Smallwood. This is younger were-cyote. Emily Tate. are you there. ? "

" Yes young one, what is important? "

I say " There is a man, he goes by the name of Peter Hale. He has my pack at risk, and he wishes to speak with you. "

" The Peter Hale? Does he know about Malia? "

I say " Yes, i think its about her. Im not sure im just worried about my pack. "

" What is your location? "

I say " Beacon hills, California. "

" I will be there in 2 days time. Tell him to meet me at the old Hale house, 2:30 sharp. No buts. I would like to meet with you to. Theres a very important thing we must talk about. "

I say " Yes ma'am. Thats all i wished off. THank you and goodbye.. "

I pull my hand out the box and look at Peter with glowing eyes.

He says " Well what did she say? "

I say " She will be here in two days. Meet her at the old Hale house at 2:30 sharp. Now i expect Liams name is off the list.

He looks me in the eyes and nod.

He says "You have my word."

I nod and close my eyes. I open them and there not flashing anymore. He pushes Liam and Ashton to my feet and I help them up. I hug Liam.

I say  "Are you okay?"

He nods and I here coughing. I turn and see Derek moving, perfectly fine. The bite works. I run and hug him as tight as possible.

I say "Der, are you okay?"

He says "Feel great. You saved my life."

I say "Well, yeah. I love you. I wouldn't want you to die."

He says "I love you to."

He leans down and kisses me. A soft, passionate kiss. Not like normal. I pull back and look him in the eyes.

the

I say "She's coming, and she wants to talk to me. I can't go alone. Last time I almost died."

He says "I'll go with you. I promise."

I nod and he takes my right hand in his left. I look at Liam and Ashton.

I say "Where's Brett?"

Liam says "Peter never saw him. There's no way I can tell you where he is."

I say "I can call him."

He nods. I pull my phone out and dial his contract.

Ringringring. No answer.

I drop my phone my phone and run out the door. I go in the direction of the house Brett stays in. I jump over trees and dodge rocks. I hop over the fence and rush in the house.

I say "Brett! Brett? Where are you!!"

He comes out wrapping his hands in a dish towel. I walk to him and wrap my arms around him. He hugs back, wrapping his hands on my waist.

He says "What's wrong?"

I say "You didn't answer your phone, I know Peter was here and got Liam and Ashton. There okay."

He says "Yeah, I broke my phone."

I say "How did that happen? "

He says "Girl issues."

I say "Oh. I'm sorry. It will get better. I promise."

He says "Yeah. I hope so."

He lays his head on my shoulder.

I say "I did something today. For Peter in order to save my pack. But what I did I was scared of. Something that could of killed me.Does that make me a good leader?  Do you think I'm a good leader?"

He pushes me and makes me look in his eyes. I stare into them so he knows im serious.

He says "Em, your a great leader. Not everyone can be perfect you know. Your doing a lot better than I would do and I wouldn't want anyone else as my alpha. You are great okay? Don't think different."

I say "Its just that,  I feel like I'm not. I think different. You all have almost died and I ain't always there when I need to be. I always have a feeling I'll loose you guys. Not that it matters as a pack but if you leave, I loose friends to."

Brett says " I love you Emily. Like, as my leader. You take care of me and stuff and i have never has that kind of treatment before. Thank you. "

I say " Im just giving you what i wish my mother or kidnapper would have gave me. Like an older sister willing to do anything to save her younger brother. I love you to Brett. "