guard

Previously on Reign
"You know she's hungry for power so you better pick who but do that after the coronation and you better not make Hannah queen...and let me tell you Athena deserves better"I say and storm off.He is gonna regret his desesion.
---------------------------------------------------------
2 days later

Athenas POV
Oliver has been distant lately and he dosent sleep with me no more.I get he's mad but I never thought he would be this mad.The coronation is almost close so I wanna fix th ings before that happeneds.I still love him and nothing is gonna change that.I get up and change to something presentable because today is Claude's wedding with Sebastian.

I didint attend the church ceremony because I couldn't let anybody see me with tears on my face.

I leave my chambers and go outside to the courtyard were the celebration is taking place

I leave my chambers and go outside to the courtyard were the celebration is taking place.I put on a fake smile on and greet everyone.I see everybody dancing and I see Oliver with Hannah dancing with a big smile and his eyes look like he's in love I could feel my heart brake and tears are starting to form but I remind my self to not cry over a stupid guy who dosent deserve me."Why aren't you dancing"I hear someone say and I turn around to see a guard with a simple smile."I don't have anyone to dance with"I say with a kind smile."What about your husband"He asks with a raised eyebrow."He is dancing with a girl he loves"I say."Why don't you dance with me"He says and I look at him."Are you sure about that"I ask and he nods with a smile."Yes I won't get in trouble I am the kings favorite guard"He says and I laugh and nod.I take his hand and he leads me to the dance floor.We dance and then I notice after 5 minutes we are the only ones dancing.He dips me and our faces are close to touching.

He dips me and our faces are close to touching

Then out of no where Oliver comes."Hey Francis can I talk to my wife for a little bit"Oliver says and Frnacis nods.I stand up straight and follow Oliver."What was that"He asks with his jaw clenched and I roll my eyes."What was what?"I say."Don't pretend to be innocent I saw what was happening and may I remind you..you have a husband"He says."Oh now I have a husband...where was my husband these past 2 nights..oh I know with another women"I say and his anger disappears to a sad face."Athe-"He starts to say but I cut him off."No don't....you could be with her...so I just want to be okay with each other for the coronation so are we okay"I say and he nods while he has a sad face and I leave him there.I see the guard that is name Francis."Hello Francis"I say and he smiles."I hope I didint cause any trouble your majesty"He says and I shake my head smiling."No there was no problems and please call me Athena"I say and he nods smiling.Maybe I need to get rid of the feelings I have for Oliver."So wanna take a break and join me for a walk around the castle"I say and he nods.I then see Claude and Sebastian.I drag Francis with me and I put a smile."Congrats you two"I say and they smile."Thank you Athena and I have to tell you something"Claude says and I nod smiling and we go somewhere else."What is it"I say and she looks at me with sad eyes."two day ago we found out that Oliver was bedding...hannah"she says and she hugs me."It's okay I already told him something"I say with a force smile and she nods and hugs me one last time.We go back to the boys and Francis comes with me to the lake."So tell me the whole story...but if you want to"He says and I nod and tell him everything and he hugs me."He's so dumb for choosing her...i mean look at you your beutiful and amazing and you are an amazing wife so why did he pick her"he says and that makes me smile and my heart flutter."Your so sweet Francis"I say and he smiles."Are you ready for the coronation"He says and I nod."Yep and I want you there"I say and he looks at me surprised."Me?"He says surprised and I nod."Your now my friend Francis and thank you for that"I say and he hugs me."I'm gonna be here for you don't worry"He says and I nod still on his hold."Thank you Francis"I say and he smiles softly."Well what are we doing here let's enjoy the night and dance"He says and I giggle and I take his hand and we go back to the celebration.
Francis and I danced and laughed the whole night he made me feel alive and free.He made me forget what happened between Oliver and I.