1. Charity case

Cover by prettypink-ink

If you have read my other books and liked them, please don't keep high expectations with this one. I think it's not as good as the rest. But still, the book is good for some time-pass.

Also, it is one of my initial books so the characters are a little cliche. They will say or do things that I now avoid in my newer books. Hope I'll get time to edit it sometimes in the future.

__________

Sunlight seeping through the glass window of my room woke me up. Narrowing my eyes, I watched the time on my mobile screen. Groaning, I bolted out of bed and with the slowest speed possible, made my way towards my bathroom.

Finishing my morning routine, a gasp escaped my lips as I watched my reflection in the mirror. My thick blonde hair looked like a bird's nest, flying in every direction. There were huge dark circles around my green eyes due to the lack of sleep. There was a huge pimple on my face, right at the tip of my nose, making me even more "attractive" than I already was.

Changing into a blue cardigan and an old, worn out jeans, I lifted my bag from my study table and put my notebook in it.

As I walked into the kitchen, sweet aroma of pancakes filled my nostrils. Slouching on the dining table, I looked at my brother as he set two pancakes in a plate and poured down chocolate syrup on it.

"Here sis. Straight out of Chef Alex's kitchen.", He bowed as he placed the plate in front of me.

"You don't have school today Cinderella?", Narrowing my eyes, I teased him and he whined as a result.

"How many times have I told you not to call me that again."

"Well, it's not my fault you used to dress up as her in your childhood.", I laughed as I earned a glare from my little brother.

"Well, in reply to your earlier question, I told you summer vacations are starting this week. Your memory is getting weaker day by day. I guess I should start stocking almonds.", I heard him complain as I devoured the delicious piece of heaven placed in front of me.

"By the way, you look like mess. Have you been sleeping properly?", He enquired in a worried tone.

"Yeah, I have a test before summer vacations. And due to summer, the cafe is getting a great deal of customers." I said in an exhausted tone.

I worked as a waitress in a local cafe in our area. The income was not much but it helped me in paying Alex's school fee.

"Why don't you let me get a job too? You know Greg's dad could use a little help in his garage.", He insisted, cleaning the table as I washed my hands.

"No Alex. Just focus on your studies. You don't have to worry about our financial issues. I'm your big sister. I can deal with these problems." I replied as I slung the bag over my shoulder.

...

Bam.

I cursed loudly as a ball hit my behind while I was running towards the auditorium. Turning around, I found Derek Archer, the most popular and rich guy in our college, standing in front of me, a huge smirk set on his lips.

"Pass the ball, Charity case.", He taunted as his golden locks fell on his forehead, his blue eyes filled with mischief.

Using my full force, I shoved the ball towards him which landed right on his stomach.

Moaning in pain, he clenched his eyes shut as I walked towards him slowly.

"Good morning to you too, Daddy's little spoilt brat.", I said, pouting my lips as his nostrils flared with anger.