5. Younger version of Bellatrix

Urghhhhh. Pain. Sharp, stabbing pain. That's what I felt when I opened my eyes. I tried to get up but realized how futile my effort was when I had to bite my lips from crying out in pain. The pain lanced through my head and colorful spots flashed in front of my eyes as if I had been beaten with a stick last night.

  My leg muscles were aching like I had run a marathon. Giving up, I keep lying still on the soft, warm bed, waiting for the pain to fade away.

  Wait! When did my bed become so soft? And why the hell is my ceiling brown?

  Confusion filled my mind and I sat up straight immediately, ignoring the bouts of pain erupting in my head. Different scenarios played in my mind, most of them involving a horny teenager taking advantage of my inebriated state. Throwing the duvet away from me, I heaved a sigh of relief when I realized I was in the same clothes I was wearing last night.

   Sounds of opening of door brought me back from my imaginations. Adjusting my clothes, I turned towards the door and a shriek left my mouth.

  Standing in front of me was that jerk who had the courage to insult me both the times he met me.

  "Why the heck am I in your room?", I screamed and then winced at the throbbing pain that shot through my head.

  "I prefer you figure it on your own.", He replied in a calm manner, irritating me to my core. I tried my best to ignore the fact that how hot he looked in the sweatpants and fitted t-shirt he was wearing, small drops of sweat was glistening on his forehead.

  "Don't tell me you saved me from a dangerous gangster last night.", I muttered sarcastically, it sounded like the plot of those stupid romance novels Sarah reads.

  "You were looking like a younger version of Bellatrix last night. I don't think a gangster would be interested in that.", A corner of his lip slightly turned upwards as he insulted me and a desire to claw his eyes out flared up in my heart.

  "Whatever, our fantasies don't always turn real you know. According to the romantic novels my friend read, this room should be bigger than my whole apartment. But it's just like a normal room.", I said pouting and he narrowed his eyes at me.

  "Sorry I forgot you paid for a deluxe suite.", He retorted and I rolled my eyes at his pathetic joke.

  Reaching his cupboard, he pulled out a business suit and walked out of the room, but not before saying, "You just have one hour to leave my house."

  Groaning, I stood up and rushed towards his attached bathroom as my bladder threatened to explode.

   ...

  The first thing I noticed when I reached my house was that Alex hadn't returned yet from his friend Mark's house.

  Making a strong cup of coffee for myself, I sprawled on the couch and dialed Lily's number. She was the one who took me with her. Then how the hell did I end up in that Mr. Rude's house.

  "Hey Haze.", She answered the phone, her voice was sleepy.

  "Don't Haze me. Just tell me where the f*** are you?", I yelled over the phone.

  "I'm sorry, I realize you and Sarah must have searched for me. I left the party with Tom.", She apologized and that's when I hear a masculine voice from the other side of the the phone.

  "Tom? Who? That tattooed guy?", I asked and she replied in a yes. Rolling my eyes, I ended the call and finished the delicious cup of coffee.

  My phone rang and this time, it was Sarah.

   "I'm so so sorry Haze. I shouldn't have left you there alone.", She blabbered as I picked up the phone.

  "I have no idea how many drinks I had. The last thing I remember from the last night was that Derek dropped me home.", I noticed the sudden change of her tone at Derek's name.

  What is wrong with my girls. I can expect it from Sarah but even Lil is busy in her little rendezvous with that Jerry, I mean Tom. Seems like I'm the only sane person left.

  "Okay, I will talk to you later. I need some rest.", Saying, I cut the call and made my way towards my bedroom.

  ...

   My shift at McSteam ended at 10. I tried calling Alex to pick me up as there was not even a single taxi on the road but he didn't pick up. It was pretty late comparing to my usual shift so the roads were looking extra scary today. Sighing, I started walking towards my home, ignoring the fast beating of my heart.

  "Hey.", I heard Lorenzo's voice behind me.

  "Are you stalking me?", I asked frowning.

  "Maybe I am.", He winked, causing me to cringe.

  "Why don't you give any guy a chance?", I could still hear him beside me.

  "Why is that any of your concern?", Anger reflecting clearly in my voice.

  "Maybe I don't want you to end up alone.", A stupid smirk was plastered on his face.

  "And maybe I prefer ending up alone than being with a walking STD.", His face contorted at my rude reply. I know I shouldn't have been so crass but I couldn't give the guy any false hope. Besides, I have no time for his crappy romantic talks in my life.

  He remained silent for the rest of our walk. I had no idea why he was accompanying me. I didn't ask him to do that.

"Not everyone has a hidden agenda Hazel he is just looking out for you." My inner voice said which I ignored shamelessly and entered into my house without saying him good-bye.

  Alex said he would return by today morning but there was still no sign of him. Deciding to call him in the morning, I slumped on my bed. The image of that handsome devil flashed my eyes again and I clenched them tightly in order to avoid that.

  ***************************

My other book "Loving the devil" reached 2nd position in romance hotlist two days ago. To say I am happy is an understatement. Euphoric might be a better word.