10. Good morning sweetheart

As I regained my consciousness, my head throbbed with pain and I shut my eyes tightly in a feeble attempt of alleviating it. I attempted to massage my head slightly but gasped when I realized something.

Why the hell are my hands tied?

Momentarily forgetting about the pain, I opened my eyes and assessed my surrounding, only to find myself in a dark, unfamiliar room with my hands tied at my back and a piece of tape sealing my mouth shut.

I struggled with my hands and feet but all in vain. The rope fastened around them was unyielding. After wrestling for what seemed like an hour, I finally stopped and slumped back on the chair, breathless.

"Look, the kitten is awake.", A voice came from behind me. I angled me neck to look at the source of the voice.

Oh no, Not that dipshit again.

It was the same man who ran behind me. I groaned mentally since my mouth was shut and there was no other way to let out my frustration.

Walking to me, he placed both his arms at either sides of the chair, caging me in.

"Let the boss come. He would love to meet you.", He smiled showing his yellow teeth, receiving a hard glare from me.

He just winked at me shamelessly and walked out of the dark room.

This is all due to my stubbornness. If I had been with Xavier, none of this would have happened. But no, I can't throw my ego out of the window for some time. Stupid Hazel.

The next few minutes spent with chastising myself for this misfortune. Just when I was about to go into sleep again, the sound of door unlocking penetrated my ear.

It must be the boss.

I didn't bother to open my eyes. Hopefully, he would think I'm dead and leave my dead body here to rot.

A familiar cologne reached my nostrils but I forced my eyes to remain shut.

I felt a warm hand cupping my cheek. It felt too soft to be belonged to a stupid hoodlum but I couldn't take a risk.

"Hazel, are you awake?", This voice, I have heard it somewhere.

Oh my God, it's him.

My eyes flew open and I caught sight of the bewitching blue eyes I have grown quite fond of in the last few days. He stared back at me with a emotion I couldn't comprehend.

He was the one to break our little staring session. He pulled off the tape of my mouth slowly and I exhaled loudly.

"What are you doing here?", I asked in confusion.

"To get you back obviously. Did you really think I would leave a girl in the middle of the road?", He stated while opening the rope around my feet.

He came for me. Nobody ever stayed back for me, not even my family. But this guy, kneeling in front of me, actually cared enough. Awwww!

My heart filled with warmth at this thought.

After he had untied my feet, he moved towards my back and started undoing the knots on my hands.

When he was done, he helped me stand on my feet. All this time, I ignored the sparks evoking in my skin at his touch.

Regaining my balance, I turned around to face him but my mouth hung in the air when I found one of my kidnappers standing behind him with a gun in his hand.

Before I could warn him or speak anything, that guy lunged at Xavier and hit his head with the nuzzle of the gun. Xavier's face scrunched in pain and he gripped his head. The guy hit him another time and Xavier fell down on the floor with a thud.

My heart started beating wildly inside my chest and my palms began sweating. Wanting to help him, I kneeled down beside him but a hard blow on my head blurred my vision.

And then, everything turned black.

...

"Uhh. Why the hell is my head pounding?", I grunted as I opened my eyes. It felt like a deja Vu. I was tied on the same chair in the same dark room. The only difference was that my mouth and feet were free this time and tied in front of me, was none other than Xavier Davis

Well, to be exact, an unconscious Xavier Davis.

Stretching my leg, I glided my foot along his shin in an attempt to wake him up but he didn't move. Poking him a little harder this time, I watched as his face contorted and after much contemplation, he finally opened his eyes.

"Good morning sweetheart, would you like some English tea?", I spoke in a sweet, saccharine voice and he narrowed his eyes at me.

"Great. Make fun of the fool who came to help you.", He scowled.

"Oh sorry, what can I do to thank you, sir?", I said, rolling my eyes.

Though I was not going to say it loud in front to him but I really appreciated the fact that he came in search of me.

"Just refraining from sarcasm will be enough for now.", He suggested.

Just then, the door opened and the guy who hit us strolled in the room.

"Let us go you son of a bit**.", I yelled as he came near us.

"Not yet kitten. Let the boss come and decide what to do with this beautiful face of yours.", He declared with his filthy tongue.

"Free my hands and I'll show you who is the boss.", I retorted.

"Don't mind her, she has some loose screws.", It was Xavier's turn to speak.

"Free us and then, maybe your boss doesn't have to be the boss anymore." He used his professional tone. The tone a lawyer uses while bribing the opposite party.

"What do you mean?", The guy looked unsure.

"You see, my name is Xavier Davis. I am one of the best lawyers out there.", He said and I scoffed, earning a glare from him.

"If you just let us go, I can help you in becoming the new boss.", He stated.

"How do I know you ain't lying?", The man said, scratching his unruly beard.

"Search my name on internet. I haven't lost a single case in the whole year. A lawyer like that has connections. Connections that can help you in many ways, if you know what I mean.", A huge smirk was plastered on his face.

"Shut up you punk.", The voice of our kidnapper wavered a bit. His eyebrows furrowed and he looked between us. Finally letting out a sigh, he left the room.

"Loser.", I muttered under my breath.

"He will come back, don't worry.", Xavier's voice was relaxed, like we were sitting in an Opera theatre in Paris instead of a dark room.

"He won't.", I replied.

"I can bet on my Range Rover. He will come back.", He said smugly and rested his head back.

***************************

Will he come back? Let's see.

And Xavier came back. Yayyy.