15. Deranged tyrant

Sunlight peeked through a space between the curtains, casting a shadow over my entire face. Burying my head deeper into the hard pillow, I inhaled deeply only to be met with a familiar scent of after shave and rainforest.

Opening my eyes to narrow slits, I lifted my head and gawked at my pillow which turned out to be Xavier's muscular chest.

My cheeks started burning when I realized our position. My upper body was completely lying on his trunk and his arm was draped over my waist.

I should have scrambled out of the bed, I should have screamed at our proximity but I didn't. Instead, I took my time to admire the beautiful man sleeping beneath me.

His brown hair was sprawled over the white pillow. His long lashes were resting on his cheeks and a small frown was etched on his lips.

What are doing Hazel? Are you crazy? He is engaged, for God's sake.

I finally squirmed to detach myself away from him but failed because of his stronger hold. Giving up, I regained our original position and rested my head on his chest.

After few minutes, his body started to move beneath me. Cracking my lids open, I looked up and found deep-blue eyes staring back at me with so much intensity that it made my heart flutter.

"Good morning.", His voice was huskier than normal. His arm grazed over my entire back before he detached it from me.

"M- morning.", I answered breathlessly and separated my body from him.

"What are you-", his words stopped in his throat when his eyes moved to my legs.

Following his gaze, I groaned internally when I realized that I was not wearing any pajamas and my shirt has ridden us, giving him a perfect view of my legs.

Fumbling, I covered myself with the blanket and his striking eyes met mine. His pupil was dilated, pushing the blue to periphery, reducing it to a mere rim. Flustered by his intense gaze, I turned my body so now, I was lying straight, with my back resting on the soft bed.

"So, what now?", I was the one to break the awkward silence.

"What?", He enquired.

"How are we going to find them in this hotel?"

"I'll go and ask the manager if there is any way. You go and freshen up.", He said and propped himself up using his elbow.

"Uh.. yeah.", I said and hopped out of the bed. The blanket pooled up around my legs. His eyes one again raked over my body and I tried my best to hide my burning face with the help of my blonde hair.

The walk towards the bathroom felt dramatically long and I sighed in relief when I finally reached in. Turning the shower on, I took a warm bath and changed into the only pair of jeans I had left and a hoodie Xavier gave me.

Disappointment washer over me when I entered the bedroom and found it empty. Drying my hair with the towel, I let them down in natural loose waves and applied some lip balm over my dry lips.

Satisfied with my appearance, I made my way to the reception, hoping to find Xavier there. Much to my dismay, he was nowhere to be found. After searching through the whole floor, I finally gave up.

Collapsing on a sofa in the waiting area, I waited for him to return. There was nobody else in that area except a tall man sitting beside me, whose face was hidden behind an interior designing magazine.

"Trash.", I commented.

"Did you say something to me?", He asked, pushing the magazine away from his face.

Hazel eyes pierced into my green one as the guys looked at me with confusion. His light brown hair was styled perfectly and he was wearing a grey business suit.

"I was talking about this company 'Grey's Interiors'. Big name but same old designs.", I stated, scrunching my nose in disgust.

"Oh really.", He said and turned his attention back to the magazine.

I should have kept my opinion to myself after that. But my nosy mouth kept on speaking, as if it has a mind of his own.

"I have heard that it's owner Stefan Grey is a deranged tyrant.", I added again and he gave me an icy, cold stare.

"Stop glaring. I just know this because I'm a management student. So I thought, why not save you from choosing wrong company.", I kept on rambling.

"What else do you know about this Stefan Grey?", He asked, placing the magazine on the table, an amused smile playing on his face.

"Nothing much. Just that, he is a man-whore who has slept with every female employee."

"I am Stefan Grey.", He announced and I felt like a bucket of ice cold water had been dumped over my head. Mentally slapping my head, I passed him an apologising smile which he returned with a sly smirk.

"Thanks for telling me what people really think about me.", He said and I just nodded like an idiot.

"But there is one tiny mistake in your information."

The guy leaned a bit closer and whispered in my ear, "For sleeping with me, you don't have to be my employee."

Fury ran through my being but before I could show him his place, a voice boomed from our side, startling us both.

"I was waiting for you Hazel, in our room.", Xavier said, focusing on our and giving a hard glare to the guy.

"Uh.. yeah. I am coming.", Saying, I walked towards him and he held my hands in his large one. His eyes were shooting daggers at that guy which he returned with another smirk.

"Who was he?", Xavier asked in a serious tone as soon as we entered the room.

"An old fling." I joked.

His eyes hardened a bit but he masked it before I could point it out. I could not fathom the reason behind his strange behavior

Is he jealous?

Of course not. Why would he?

"Did you find out anything about them?", I asked, changing the subject.

"No. But I have found an way.", His mood got better instantly.

"Really?"

"There is a ball tonight and the hotel has invited all its occupants. Hopefully Alex and Anna will attend it too.", He explained and took out an apple from the mini fridge and started cutting it.

"There is just a small issue. I don't have anything to wear to this ball.", I said, stealing a slice of apple from his plate.

"That is why we are going to the mall.", He cleared, sliding the plate away from my reach.

*****************************

Check out my interview with AllArt_OnePlace in her book "KNOW ABOUT YOUR AUTHORS".