41. Fall Again

*4 years later*

"Not bad, Hazel.", I exclaimed as I looked at the girl in the mirror. She looked beautiful, to say the least. Her caramel colored hair was flowing down her shoulders in layers. The white Chanel bag slung over her arm was complimenting her branded emerald halter-neck dress. Her face was covered with light makeup, accentuating her feminine features.

"Stop looking at the mirror. You look perfect.", Alex groaned in an irritated voice.

"I have no idea why I am listening to you.", I replied in a dry voice. "Whenever you try to set me up with a guy, it ends in a disaster."

"Oh really? Do you have any other idea? You will be turning 27 this year and you never had a serious boyfriend.", he scolded me like I was the younger one.

"Stop shouting, Alex. How many times do I need to tell you that I want to focus on my career for now? I don't have time for this relationship bullshit.", I said, rolling my eyes.

"Career? You are already the best event planner in the whole Chicago. What else do you want?", he whined.

"To be the best in the whole America.", I shrugged.

"For that, you'll have to kill your former boss.", he teased.

"Don't worry. Stefan left the race the day he moved to Paris with his girlfriend.", I said and slipped into the Louboutin heels.

"Yeah whatever. Just don't mess up this date. Greg is a genuinely nice guy.", he ordered, slumping back on my bed.

"I am the one who messes up?", I narrowed my eyes to a slit.

"Yes."

"Care to explain?", I uttered.

"Sure. Last time, you ditched the guy because he was a blonde.", he answered.

"So what? I hate blonde people
They are just.. Ughhh...", I stated.

"You are a blonde.", he crossed his arms in front of his chest and retorted.

"Whatever.", I stuck my tongue out. "Why are you so interested in my romance life anyway? Go back to your annoying girlfriend."

"She is not annoying.", he defended. When I lifted my eyebrow, he sighed and admitted, "Who am I kidding? She is a pain in the ass."

"Well, that's what you get when you let a girl like Anna slip through your fingers.", I responded.

"What else could I do? She was accepted in Cambridge. I couldn't just force her to leave the scholarship and move in with me.", he said, his voice turned hard.

"Did you ever talk to her after she left?", I asked.

"Nop. For all I know, she could be happily married.", his said. I could feel the sorrow in his voice.

"Alex.", I whispered.

"Don't bother sis. I'm fine. Just go, your date is probably waiting for you.", I tried to object but he didn't listen. At the end, I left him lying there alone and made my way to my car.

The drive to the restaurant was short. After reaching inside, I looked around in search of the guy who was supposed to be my date for tonight. My eyes landed on a brunette guy who was waving at me, his grin was so wide that I could feel pain in my own jaw. Letting out a breath, I walked towards him and settled down in front of him.

"You are Greg, right?", I asked.

"Yuppp.", he said, popping the word.

Why does he look so happy? It's creepy.