21. Tango with our tongues

"Crap.", I shouted when my innocent eyes witnessed the scene going on inside the office.

A girl with bare clothing was sprawled over his office table and he was bent over her, they were in the middle of a heavy make out session. I shut my eyes tightly to block the traumatizing view.

My eyes, my innocent virgin eyes. I've been scarred for life.

"You can open your eyes. We are presentable now.", My boss' relaxed voice struck on my ear drum and I opened my right eyes first to confirm whether he was lying or not.

To my relief, they both were separated now. The girl whispered something in his ear, earning a wink from him and then, slowly swayed out of the room.

"What the hell was that?", I asked, scrunching my nose in disgust.

"Didn't you see? We were doing tango with our tongues.", he passed me a teasing smile and I faked a gag.

"More like signing up for mono.",I commented and he snickered in response.

"Now, back to work, Miss. Martin.", his tone turned serious.

"Fortunately or unfortunately, on your first day, you are going to meet a very important client and a friend of mine. There is no place of any mistake so prepare yourself.", he informed me.

"We have to plan their marriage in 20 days and if you want to assist me in this task, you better gear up.", his voice was pressuring.

First day and an important client. Wow. Luck is really on my side.

"So what am I supposed to do?", I asked hesitantly.

"The meeting is at 1 pm. So just go and learn how to tone down your sarcastic remarks.", he taunted with a sarcastic grin on his face and I resisted the urge to use my ninja skills on his perfect toothy smile.

"Sure, sir.", I spat, balling my fists at my sides.

"Your office is just next to mine. Go and arrange your things.", he turned his attention to his phone and I marched towards my office.

It was a small, cozy place with white and purple color scheme. There was a cute purple desk in the middle and matching cupboards on the side. In the back, there was a ivory white couch that looked quite comforting.

Great. The perks of working with an event management and interior designing company, a cute office with a refreshing color scheme.

The next two hours, I indulged myself in arranging my office. I set all the files in different labelled boxes and made some lists regarding their arrangement.

When the clock struck 12, I was done so I drew out my mobile from my handbag and started scrolling.

My eyes rested on Sarah's profile. It had been a month since I talked to her Luckily, she was online so I decided to message her.

ME: HEY MRS. ARCHER.

Her reply was instantaneous.

SARAH: I AM NOT MRS. ARCHER YET.

ME: BUT YOU WILL BE. IN FEW MONTHS.

I could imagine a deep red blush creeping up her pale neck.

SARAH: WELL, DEREK HASN'T PROPOSED YET.

She and Derek have been going out for one year now. Two month after I returned from Red Rock town, Derek admitted his crush on me, just like Xavier's prediction. He said that whatever he did in the past, it was to get my attention.

It felt good to know that I had an admirer but it didn't mean I was going to reciprocate his love. I gently turned him down, but not before recording the video of his sweet proposal and making it viral on the facebook. Well, I guess he deserved that after years of torture.

After that, we both buried the hatchet and started again as friends. During this time, he started falling for Sarah and finally asked her out on our annual prom. That explains how the good girl changed bad boy into a responsible person. Cliche? I know.

ME: DON'T WORRY. HE HAS GOT IT BAD FOR YOU. I CAN LITERALLY IMAGINE YOUR CUTE BLUE EYED BABIES.

SARAH: OH SHUT UP.

I was about to reply when the door to my office opened. I put the phone down and looked at Mr. Stefan standing in the door frame.

"Seems like you have made yourself comfortable.", he said, looking around the office.

"Well, its not my fault that this desk is so comfortable.", I sighed.

"Well, the desk in my room is quite comfortable too. I would love you to use it as well, if you know what I mean.", he winked at me.

"Well, if you are promoting me to your position, I would suggest that observe my work for few days. Don't take any rash decisions.", I retored in a saccharine voice.

"If your brain is as sharp as your tongue, you will have your own company soon.", he commented, looking impressed.

"Ok, let's go to my office.", he said and I stared at him with confused expression.

"Oh, get your mind out of gutter, Miss. Martin. The client is coming within half an hour.", he said and I mentally slapped myself for giving him a chance to make fun of me.

He led me towards his office. He settled on his chair and I sat down on the side chair.

My eyes assessed his office which was just as beautiful as the rest of the building. It was designed in brown and yellow, a whole side of the room was made of glass, giving a full view of Seattle.

"So, what brought you to Seattle?", he asked, resting his elbow on the desk.

"My desire to meet Mc. Dreamy.", he burst into laughter on hearing my answer.

"But he is dead.", he said, pouting his lips.

"How do you know? Don't tell me the hotshot Stefan Grey watches Tv serials.", I asked, narrowing my eyes at him.

"Well, the wedding season is off sometimes. And a man gotta do something in his spare time.", he replied and I grinned at his answer.

Maybe he is not that bad. I thought.

We were busy talking when the door of his office opened and entered the client, a very familiar client.

****************************

Any idea Who is it?

What do you think about Stefan?