4- Law and Order

A few weeks later, Dean's back to normal. Sam's still in the dark and it's eating me alive knowing that Dean Winchester went behind Sam Winchester's back by killing one of his childhood friends.

Finally coming out of my thoughts, I notice the crime scene tape and walking in, dirt on the floor.

"Gimme the run-down." I state to the police.

"Okay. Matthew Hammond, death by car crash...on the tenth floor." He trailed off.

"Do you mind if me and my partner have a look around?" I ask as he nods. Soon enough, he leaves with the forensic team.

"Red dirt. Does it mean anything?" I ask, kneeling down.

"Means we're dealing with a ghost." Dean responds as the EMF goes crazy.

"Should I step out? With my bond to the earth, I should probably step out." I offer, walking out as it still goes off.

"It's not you, then." Sam states as I point to the door and look towards Dean.

"Can I talk to you right quick?" Dean asks me after he got my clue.

"Yeah. Sam, try to figure out what else might've happened and whether or not we're dealing with a haunted car." I state slowly towards the end.

"I can do that." He says as I pull Dean away.

"You have some nerve." I start.

"What are you talking about?"

"She wasn't doing anything wrong! All she had to do was cure her sick child and you killed her." I whisper.

"How did you know about that?"

"I'm bonded to earth. Everything that happens, I'll always see. Everything that enters the atmosphere, I'll always feel."

"You see everything--?"

"Everything. You have to tell Sam before he does."

"Before who does?" Dean asks as Sam joins.

"There's a god here. I can feel him. What about the dirt?"

"Red farm dirt, I think," Sam states. "There's a woman who might know something."

"Great. You talk to her, I'll figure out where the dirt came from." I respond.

I walk off with a bag of the dirt, trying to figure out where it came from.

***

A few hours later, I find nothing. No idea where the dirt came from, no idea what type of dirt it is. I sigh in defeat, seeing as though the boys catch up to me. All of a sudden, I get a vision.

Stumbling, I feel a set of arms catch me as an unknown man gets chased down by a dog. A ghost dog.

The man manages to get inside a diner and hides in the bathroom until the ghost dog suddenly barks behind him. As it whimpers, the dog cocks it's head slightly before attacking. Splattering blood on the wall, I notice a god with a hook and flail smirking.

When the vision stops, I notice both Sam and Dean holding me up.

"Elizabeth Duren is not our ghost. It's Osiris, god of the underworld." I pant, trying to control my breathing.

***

The next day, I go with the boys to the morgue to see if there's any connection between the victims' bodies. Come to find out, there was red dirt on his shoes as well.