57- Mental Battles

"Well, for starters... A massage. Between the sitting and the shackles, a body gets a little stiff." I walk in to hear Crowley admit.

"Yeah, I ain't rubbing you." Dean counters.

"God, no. Get Kevin. His tiny fists can really work wonder -"

"Kevin is dead."

"Oh. I'm sorry to hear that."

"Don't pretend you care. You tried to kill him." Castiel said harshly.

"I told him this was gonna happen. I was the only person who tried to warn him. I told him to run."

"From what?" Dean asks.

"You. How many times am I gonna have to say this? People in your general vicinity don't have much in the way of a life-span. Now, I can't teach you how to crack open an angel. It's more... art than science. But I can do it for you. All I ask in return is a little field trip. Dying for some fresh air. Chains on, naturally."

"No." I cut in.

"No? Of course not. Because if I'm plan "A," I'm sure you have a totally viable, much better plan "B."

"You can't be considering this." Castiel admits, pulling Dean aside.

"With the chains on, he can't do anything." Dean assured.

"It's Crowley. He can always do something."

"Looks like we need a tiebreaker. Go get Moose, squirrel. Unless... Unless, of course, you can't. That's why you're here, isn't it? The poor giant baby's in trouble again, isn't he?"

"Are you done?" I ask.

"Depends. Do we have a deal?"

"Yeah."

"Excellent. When do we leave?"

"Soon as I can scrounge up a ride." Dean cuts in.

"Well, I have a vehicle. It stopped a few miles from here, inexplicably."

***

Dean and Castiel walk up and as Dean walks by the Impala. He run his hands over the car, making sure she is okay. Dean then walks into the house alone and sees Abner with his throat slit on the floor. He then hears the kitchen water running and Gadreel washing blood off his hands in the sink.

"You should not have come here, Dean."

"You killed my friend, then you take my brother, and you think I'm gonna let that stand?" Dean asks.

"I allowed you to live."

"Mistake."

Deanlunges for him but he uses his angel force to knock Dean back into a bookcase; knocking him unconscious. As he goes in for the kill he hears me behind him. As he swings around, I deliver a knockout punch and he crumbles to the floor.

***

He's tied to a chair with warded handcuffs and is in a chin and head restraint. He regains consciousness.

"Welcome to the party, pal. Wanda, how we lookin'?" Dean asks.

"Most of Sam's internal burns have healed. I should be able to fix the rest."

"What's your name? I thought I knew every angel in heaven, but I've never seen you." Castiel admits.

"Why would I tell you anything?" Gadreel asks.

"Well, I don't give a damn who you are. You need to get out - now!"

"And if I don't?"

"Then you and I will have a lovely little playdate." Crowley cuts in.