17- Shifting the Pain and Remembrance

"They said, "Talk to Kadinsky." You Kadinsky?" Dean asks, barging into the room.

"You need to be scheduled!" The nurse reminds.

"Well, then, schedule me! He was in a car crash. Why the hell can't we see him?" Dean asks, shouting.

"You're Sam Smith's brother and sister." Dr. Kandinsky guesses.

"Yeah, what's going on?" I ask.

"[to the NURSE] It - it's fine. Thank you. Really." He assures, looking towards the nurse as she leaves. "Sam was admitted. He was treated for a broken rib and lacerations."

"Okay. That's not too bad. And?"

"And... he's on our locked psychiatric floor." He sighs as we look at him in shock.

"I mean, he's had some trouble..." Dean sighs.

"So you're aware that Sam is experiencing a full-blown psychotic episode?"

"Psychotic? Come on. I mean, the guy's... It's not like the guy's freakin' Norman Bates."

"No, I'm sure he isn't. We need to determine whether his state was brought on by the insomnia or whether the insomnia is a symptom of his condition. Do you understand? So that we can figure out how to treat him."

"Well, all I can say is that the sleep thing is - is kind of new." Dean admits.

"Right. Well... we've pumped him about as full of sedatives as we safely can. So far, he won't go under. I've never seen anything like it."

***

Dean sits down on the end of Sam's bed.

"Sam, I'm gonna find you help." Dean sighs as Sam exhales and looks away.

"I don't think it's out there, Dean." Sam admits.

"We don't know that." I remind.

"We know better than most. It's all snake oil. Last faith healer we hooked up with had a reaper on a leash. Remember?" He says as we stand up.

"Yeah, Sam, I remember." Dean sighs.

"I'm just saying..."

"What? That you don't want our help?" I ask.

"No, I'm just saying... don't do this to yourselves."

"Sam, if I don't find something- if we don't find something..."

"Then I'll die. When you put my soul back..."

"No." Dean stops.

"...Cas warned you about all the crap it would -" Sam continues.

"Screw Cas! Quit being Dalai frickin' Yoda about this, okay? [punches his hand with his fist] Get pissed!"

"[sighs] I'm too tired. This is what happens when you throw a soul into Lucifer's dog bowl. And you think there's just gonna be some cure out there?"

Sam looks at Dean sadly. Dean nods and bites his lip. We leave, seeing as though I watch hallucifer look at me as I look at him.

***

"This is Wanda."

"Mackey. Calling you back. Hey. Real sorry about Bobby."

"Yeah, me too." I respond.

"Look, what you called about - I might have something for you. There's this guy. He goes by "Emmanuel." He kind of roams. First started hearing about him a couple of months back. How he was healing the sick, curing the crazy."