29- Vampire in Debt

"When's that little idiot gonna stop running from us?" Dean's sigh was the first thing I heard.

"I don't know, Dean. I mean, you did try to kill his mother." Sam reminds.

"I was trying to kill Crowley, okay? Who happened to be wearing Kevin's mother at the time. Well, there's a difference." He trails off mid way.

"Apparently not to Kevin. Oh, I know. Maybe because - oh, yeah - it's his mother." Sam smart-mouthed as Dean's phone rings.

"Hold that thought. No, actually, you know what? Don't hold that thought." Dean says, answering the phone. "Hello? Hello? Uh, hang on. There's not enough bars." He goes outside and closes the door behind him.

Sam looks out the window at Dean talking on the phone. Dean looks over his shoulder at the motel room window.

Dean puts a bag down on the bed.

"And - and what exactly is that supposed to mean, you've got to go?" Sam asks.

"Which words are giving you trouble?" Dean asks.

"We're on the case, remember, Dean? The - the Winchester holy grail, "shut the gates of hell forever" case." He reminds.

"Sure are. But in order to close the Gates of Hell, we need our Prophet, am I right? So step one - find Kevin Tran. Well, he ain't here. But he wanted us to be, which means we're probably as far away from him as he could possibly put us. So step two - find Kevin Tran. [He looks in the mini-bar.] You mind if I take the Toblerone?"

***

Sitting around, I zone off, not caring where my thoughts fly. I hear a faint voice, Sam's, I think.

"You okay?" He asks, but it sounded distorted. "Wanda?" He asks again, but it was still distorted.

I get up, calling to my weapon, I block out everything.

Skye POV...........................

Seeing someone y'all standing in front of me, I brush past him.

"Wanda, what're you doing?"

"That's not my name." I remind.

"What is your name, then?" He asks, crossing his arms.

"It doesn't matter."

"Where are you going?!" He asks, standing in front of the door.

"If you don't move, I will walk through you with your beating heart in my hands." I threaten.

He doesn't move, so I put my hand over where his heart is.

Watching him move, I chuckle maniacally. "Thanks for understanding."

***

"Hey." Sam starts.

"Okay, what?" Dean rushed.

"What?"

"Why did you call me?" He asks slowly.

"Why are you whispering?" Sam asks slowly as well.

"It's kind of hard to explain right, but I'm sort of in the middle of cleaning out a vampire's nest, and it's sort of gone a little sideways on me."

"What?! [Dean takes the phone away from his ear and holds it against his chest.] Are you an idiot, Dean? You know better than to go into a vamp nest alone."

"I'm not alone, damn it. All right? I'm not alone. I've got backup - guy who's been tracking the nest for a while." Dean admits.

"What guy? Garth?"

"What? No. You don't know him. He's a friend."

"A friend? Dean, you don't have any - all your friends are dead." Sam reminds.

"That's not what I called to talk about!" Dean holds the phone to his chest again.

"I get the separate-lives thing, but this is a hunting thing, and we need to find that line -"

"Oh, my God, stop talking. I texted you my 20."

"Yeah, I got it. Look, I'm on my way. And, listen, if you handle it, great. I'll buy your friend the first round. But, Dean, listen to me. There's - Dean? Dean, are you there? [Dean has left his phone, still on, on a sideboard.] Dean. [A vamp hears the phone and walks over to the sideboard.] Dean. You kidding me?"

Dean cuts off the vamp's head, then picks up his phone from the ground. The screen is shattered.

"Oh, man, come on." He mutters.

***

I watch it start to rain, which turns into downpour.

"Crap." I mutter, blacking out.

Wanda POV...........................

Looking around, I noticed the blood on my shirt.

"God, Skye, what did you do?" I mumble.

Walking towards the road, I notice a yellow car with Sam driving in it.

"You promise to not want to rip my heart out again?" He asks.

"What?"

"Get in. Dean's out on a dock."

***

Sam holds his phone to his ear while driving.

"This is Dean's other, other -"

Sam hangs up and drops the phone to the floor of the car. He speeds up from eighty miles an hour to ninety.

***

"We have everything we need right here. The operation is still perfect. We can ride the high seas, plunder together. We can have the life we always wanted." Was the first thing I hear.

"What I wanted was to leave a burning crater behind. I wanted to put your memory to rest." A man responds.

"But I'm not a memory. Benny, I'm right here." She counters.

"What I loved - it ain't here anymore. It was snuffed out a long time ago by monsters like me... like what you've become."

"You think you're better than me now?"

"No. I think we're all damned." He reminds.

The girl snarls and her fangs descend. Dean stabs her from behind and then cuts off her head. Benny and Dean look at each other before Benny looks down at her body.

***

Dean steps off the boat. Sam looks past him to Benny As he joins him on the dock.

"[to Sam] I'm Benny." He greets to both of us. He offers Sam his hand and he takes it. "Heard a lot about you, Sam." In slow motion, Sam looks at Dean as he undoes the cover of a knife holster at his side with his left hand. His fingers flex on his knife as Benny watches. Dean shakes his head and Sam loosens his grip on his knife. Benny then lets go of Sam's hand. "I can see you two have a lot to talk about."