9- Stoning Sandwich

Arriving at the abandoned house, the lights were on before they flicker off.

"We've been dealing with cold everything. Hot pockets, showers, this is rock bottom." Dean complains.

"A few months ago, you mentioned that you had four powers. What was the fourth one?"

I walk over to the stripped wire, holding out one of my arms as I touch the wire, sending jolts throughout the building as the lights flicker on again.

"Have you found anything?" I ask, sitting down on the couch.

"Rash of sightings of fast, human-like creature. People think it has a horse's head, a tail, wings, and horns. Something also hung a camper in his sleeping bag and ate through it. Four missing persons in the last three weeks."

"All of them being glampers." Dean sighs.

"What the hell's a glamper?" Me and Bobby ask at the same time.

"High-end camper. WiFi, electricity itself within a normal tent."

"That's just idiotic." Bobyy responds.

***

Sitting with Sam and Dean and the ranger, he rambles about the rabid creature.

"We've been finding that thing's leftovers for a few weeks. Deer, badger, missing pets."

"We?" I ask.

"Me and Phil."

"Who's Phil?"

"Assistant Chief Ranger. Come to think of it, I haven't seen him in a few days."

"Shouldn't you go find him? Or at least report it?" Dean asks.

"He's supposed to call from whatever station he's at." He responds.

"Have a nice lunch, ranger." I say as we all leave.

"Got anything?" I ask Bobby.

"I took a look at the cadaver, what's left of it, not a happy camper. No stats on the Jersey devil, but the bite radius is too small for a Leviathan. He's still got his ventricle and some change, so I doubt it's a werewolf. Wendigo don't leave scraps."

"Lunch?" Dean asks.

"Hey, Brandon, you mind if we grab a booth?"

"I'm not the hostess, dickwad. Do I look like a hostess?" He smart-mouthed.

***

Out in the forest, Bobby noticed a lock of hair in a bush. He gets up and starts walking again.

"I forgot about the fact that before you started hunting, you were an actual Hunter." Sam starts.

"You taught us most the things we know." Dean agrees.

"But I couldn't get neither one of you to shoot a deer."

"You're talking about Bambi, man."

"You don't shoot Bambi, jackass." Bobby starts. "You shoot Bambi's mother."

Walking a little farther, I see a hand come out of a tree.

"Looks like we found Phil." Dean sighs.

***

Watching as the truck pulls up, Rick steps out with, "Special Agents. I got your message, but I still don't understand what you mean."

I aim my flashlight at Phil's arm in response.