66- Vampire Family

Sam is doing a gum check on the girl while Dean looks on. When he finishes, Sam steps behind her and shakes his head at Dean in answer to their unspoken question.

"Wilson, Brown, and Fisher? You two are FBI, then I'm Taylor Swift. That wasn't a dental I.D. It was a fang check. You're hunters." She guessed.

"And you're alive because, uh, hunters trained the sheriff. I think the first words out of your mouth should be a thank you. So, who were you to this vamp, anyway? Hmm? What's so special about you? Is there a nest?"

As Dean is asking the questions, Sam notices some scars on the girl's neck. He goes to look closer but she sees him watching and shrugs her shirt collars higher to cover them. Then Jody opens the door and pops her head in...

"Sorry to interrupt. We got a match on her DNA." Jody butts in and I follow her to the hallway. "Annie Jones. Reported abducted outside of Kenosha in '06. Raised by an elderly grandparent. No living kin. You think the vamps are the ones who took her?"

"Eight years is a long time for a human to live with vampires without getting killed or turned." I admit.

"You're the experts, but there was something...familiar about the way this vamp talked to her."

"And she had scars on her neck, feeding scars. Uh...They're layered, as if they'd been built on for years." Sam agrees.

"So she's a blood slave. We've seen it before - vampires keeping people as pets, human feedbags. Sometimes these slaves..." Dean starts.

"Stay loyal to their captors." I continue.

"Yeah."

"Right." Sam mutters.

"So...This girl's not talking 'cause she's got a case of...what? Vampiric Stockholm syndrome?"

"She's protecting the nest." I guess.

***

"No wonder she didn't thank me. That creep was her brother. I'm fine. You know, mostly, I'm just - I'm hung up on the name. Alex and Annie - they're so close already. Why'd they change it?" Jody asks.

"Okay, so, we know from her ticket that Alex hopped a bus out of O'Neill, Nebraska, right?" I start.

"Mm-hmm."

"Obviously, it'd be better to go in with a firm location, but the town ain't that big. There are no caves or other natural hiding places."

"All right, so go in, canvass it cold." Dean suggests.

"Well, I worked together a short list of possible nest locations. Uh, there's an empty fire station, four or five derelict homes. Nothing we couldn't hit in a day."

"Okay. You sure you're all right to babysit by yourself?"

"Oh, well, girl's a flight risk, not exactly friendly, but I think I can handle babysitting detail." She jokes.

"The station's been made. It might be worth heading upwind for a while. I mean, vamps are trackers." I include.

"Terrific."

"Well, I've got an old family cabin outside of town."

***

"This place is a foreclosure, right?" Sam asks.

"Yep. It is, just like the rest of them." I admit.

"Well, somebody's squatting here." Dean sighs.

"Blackout windows."

Suddenly there is a sound of a loud machine from behind the house. A woodchipper out back is going and a man is shoving dead bodies into the grinding jaws of the machine. I approach from behind.