16- Cursed Objects

We enter the evidence room and show their ID.

"Hey, there. How you doing?" I ask.

"Okay. What can I do for you fellas?" The officer responds.

"Well, we need to see the shoes that were involved in the ballet dancer's death." Dean responds.

"Didn't figure that would be an FBI deal. But sure. Yeah, right here." He reminds as he turns around and sees that the ballet shoes are no longer on the table."Damn it, Tracy." He mumbled.

"Who's Tracy?" I ask.

"My daughter. She loves ballet." He responds as my facial expression changes into a worried look.

I run towards the bathroom as Dean and Sam burst into the ladies room. Tracy is sitting on the floor, wearing the ballet shoes.

"Hey, take those shoes off." I demand as Tracy is pulled to her feet by an invisible force, goes up en pointe and begins to spin. I grab Tracy around her middle, trying to keep ahold on her. "Dean, get the shoes!"

"I'm trying!" He panicked.

Tracy's legs flail as Dean tries to grab her feet. She kicks him in the head.

"Sorry!" She apologized as Dean gets one shoe off.

"Come on, Dean!" I rush.

"I'm trying!" He reminds as Tracy kicks Dean in the head again.

"Sorry!" She apologized again.

"I got it! I got it." He admits.

"Uh! Okay. I'm going with cursed object." Sam admits.

"You think?"

"[to TRACY] You okay?" I ask.

We leave the ladies room as Sam is carrying the ballet shoes using a pen. A sticker in one of the shoes reads "$15.99 OUT WITH THE OLD".

"Next stop - "Out With The Old". I suppose it's too much to hope that these shoes are the only thing in that store that we have to worry about." I sigh.

"Oh, what a dreamer you are." Dean chuckles as we leave the police station.

***

"Hey, did you sell these?" I ask.

"Uh, yeah." He responds.

"Where did you get them?"

"Uh, m-my m-mother had them in that box." He asks as I put the ballet shoes down on a display cabinet and goes to get the box. It is made of wood and has symbols carved into the lid. Dean picks up the ballet shoes and appears transfixed by them. "I don't understand. What's happening?"

Sam holds out the open box to the man.

"This, in here?" Sam asks.

I notice Dean holding the ballet shoes.

"Hey! Hey, hey, hey!" I call as I take the shoes away from him and puts them into the box. "Geez! You okay there, Baryshnikov?"

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm 'pas de done'." Dean chuckles.

"Okay, if it's not too much trouble, do you mind telling me, uh, what's - what's going on?" He asks innocently.

"What's your name?" I ask.

"Uh, Scott - uh, Scott Freeman." He replies.

"You said these were your mother's? Where'd she get them?"

"I don't know. I found them in the back."

"I got it." Sam states suddenly.

"Now, where is your mother?"