34- Angel Tablet?

Dean is asleep on the couch, holding a bottle of beer and snoring. Cass is standing in front of the couch. Dean opens his eyes and jumps, spilling his beer.

"Damn it, Cas! How many times I got to tell you - it's just creepy!" Dean jumped.

"Dean, I need your help. The angel Samandiriel..." Cass starts.

"Sam-"

"He's been taken." He admits.

"You mean Alfie, the wiener-on-a-stick kid?" I ask.

"Yes. I, uh - I heard his distress call this morning."

"On what, angel radio? I thought you shut that down." Dean questions.

"Well, my penance, it's going well, and I thought it was time to turn it back on. I've, uh... been helping people, Dean." Castiel admits.

"Well, good for you. All right. So, who snatched Heaven's most adorable angel?"

"Crowley."

"I'm listening."

"Samandiriel is being held in the general vicinity of Hastings, Nebraska."

"The general vicinity? That's all you got?"

"Yes, which is why I need your help. It seems this is gonna involve... talking to people."

"Come on, Cas, I thought you were a hunter now." I include.

"Well... I thought so, too, but... It seems I - I lack a certain -" Castiel starts.

"Skill?" I ask as Dean opens his laptop and there is a loud gonging noise from the website on the screen, "Busty Asian Beauties." He quickly closes the laptop again.

"You saw nothing." He mumbled. He opens the laptop again and the gonging sound plays again. He holds up a hand to cover the screen as he minimizes the browser. "All right. What am I looking for?"

"Well, when you torture an angel, it screams... [Dean types "Nebraska News, Hastings" into a search engine.] ...and that kind of pain, it creates a ripple effect of strange incidents. Where's Sam?" He asks suddenly.

"Sam's gone. It's all right. We'll, uh, find Alfie ourselves." I remind.

The headline on the "Lincoln Globe" website on the laptop reads "Tornados, Strong Winds Cause Damage Across Nebraska."

***

The man who was burned by the flames from the bush lies in a hospital bed. His face is badly burned and partly bandaged. Can knocks on the frame of the open door, and he and Cass enter. Dean is wearing a "Press" ID badge and I'm wearing my press badge.

"Mr. Hinckley? Hi. Uh, we're from the, uh, Geneva Gazette. I wanted to ask you a few questions about your ambush." He laughs briefly.

"Yeah, well... I'd laugh, too, if it didn't feel like the sun just ate my face." He sighs.

"It's a metaphor." Cass mumbled.

"Sorry. Uh, now, in the police report, it said that the, uh - the bush, it talked to you, yeah?" I ask.

"Yeah, I know it sounds crazy, but, yeah."

"And what did it say?" Castiel asks.

"No clue. Sounded like Klingon to me." He responds.

"Gonna need exact words."

"Are you serious?"

"As much as you can remember, Mr. Hinckley." I remind.

"Sounded something like... sol-voch. Yeah. Sol-voch-tay." He quotes.

***

"You look horrible." I walk in to hear.

"Yeah. Thanks." He says sarcastically.

"He's right. Are you okay, Kevin?" I ask.

"Fine. I'm just... in the middle of this."

"And? Any luck?" Dean asks.

"Interpreting half a demon tablet? No. I got nothing."

"All right, well, buck up, 'cause, uh, we need some more of that demon TNT ASAP." Dean rushed.

"You used it all?"

"Yeah, so let's whip up another batch."

"Sure. West Bank witch hazel, skull of Egyptian calf, the tail of some random-ass newt that may or may not be extinct -" he sighs.

"All right, all right, I get it - ingredients are hard to come by, huh?"

"That's just the first three ingredients."

"Give me the list. I'll get what we need."

***

"I got what we need." Cass says.

"[turning] Well, it's about time."

Sam is standing next to Cass.

"What's he doing here?" Dean asks.

"Don't worry, Dean. Once we save Alfie, I'm out."

"Oh, once "we" save Alfie. Don't hurt yourself, Sam. Cas and I can handle it." Dean insulted.

"Not according to Cas." Sam reminds.

"I told you we didn't need him."

"We need everything, Dean. And I need both of you, as you say, to stow your crap. Can you do that?" Castiel asks.

Dean and Sam look at each other.

***

A demon walks towards another one who is standing next to a fire burning in a 44-gallon drum. Someone whistles and the first demon turns around and walks back to investigate. He reaches the corner of the building and sees Dean standing on a short flight of stairs as he waves. The demon's eyes turn black and he moves towards Dean, but I stab the demon from behind with my seraph blade. Bright light flashes in the demon's eyes as he dies.

"Well, not my most original work, but..." Dean mumbles.

Sam takes keys from the Dean's body and tosses them to Dean, who uses them to unlock a door to the building.

***

"Alfie." I shout.

They hear footsteps behind them and turn. Two demons also come towards them from the front. Dean spots two more coming from another direction. Sam ignites one of their demon bombs as they run towards them. He tosses it down the hallway towards the demons coming in one direction as I toss one of my own at the others. Sam and Dean take shelter behind a wall as the bombs explode.

***

Castiel continues to disassemble the metal contraption on Samandiriel's head. I straddle Viggo and raises his demon-killing knife. He grabs me by the throat. Sam sends the demon he is fighting flying into a trolley of torture implements. Said demon grabs an implement from the trolley and rushes at Sam. Cass removes the metal contraption from his head. I knock Viggo's arm away and backhands him across the face. Sam sends his demon flying in my direction and I stand up and stab it in the back, killing it. I return my attention to Viggo.

"Wait! I know - I know things." He pleas.

"Cas! Go!" Dean yells as Cass and Alfie disappear.

"Good, good. There's so much you don't know. You need me."

Nodding, "Yeah." I start. "Yeah, I don't think so."

Dean stabs Viggo. Bright light flares inside his head as he dies.