44- Advanced Djinn?

Leaning on the the trunk of the Impala, waiting, we see. Charlie pull up.

"Your Highness!" Dean curtseies.

"What's up, bitches?" She hugs Dean, then Sam as well, who leans back heavily onto the Impala immediately afterwards and grunts.

"You okay, Sam?" Charlie asks.

"Yeah, no, I'm, I'm good, yeah. What're you doing in Kansas?"  Sam avoids.

"Uh... a comic convention. In Topeka."

"In the middle of the week?" I ask.

"Girl's gotta get her collectibles. So, are you gonna invite me into your dungeon, or do I gotta answer your "questions three" first?"

"Allow us— let us introduce you to the Men of Letters."

***

"So what about this case you brought us?" Sam asks.

"When I was in Topeka, I saw this pop up over the wire. Tom Blake, a checkout clerk in Salina, who went missing on his way home from work. He was found dead yesterday, his insides liquefied. Locals have no idea what happened, they tried to bury the report so people wouldn't freak, but I flagged it. I have eliminated the following things that go bump in the night..." She trails off.

"Wait a second. When did you become such an expert?" Sam asks.

"Well, after you guys left, I dug into all things monsters. I'm a wee bit obsessive. If "wee bit" means completely. I also found this series of books, by a Carver Edlund? [Sam and Dean exchange awkward looks] Did those books really happen?" They both look away as Sam sighs. "Wow. That is some meta madness. [to Dean] Thanks for saving the world and stuff. [to Sam] Sorry you have zero luck with the ladies."

"Wha— [to Sam] We need to find every single copy of those books and burn them."

"They're online now, so good luck with that." She mentions.

"Awesome. [he gets up] Well, you two crazy kids deal with that, I will go see if there's anything to this, uh, case of yours." Dean dismissed.

"I'm coming with you." Sam cuts in. He stands up as well but staggers, nearly falling over. Charlie jumps from her seat and grabs his arm.

"Whoa, are you sure you're okay?"

"Yes." He lies.

"No. You're taking a knee as long as you're off your game." Me and Dean admit.

"I'll go with you." Charlie cuts in.

"No disrespect, okay, but there's a big difference between reading about hunting and actually hunting." Dean warns.

"I'm coming with." She demands.

***

"Hey there. [holds out badge, upright this time] I am Special Agent Ripley, this is my partner--" Charlie starts.

"Save it. Your other agent's over there."

We exchange a glance, then walk over to Sam, who had already arrived.

"Took you guys so long?" He asks nonchalantly.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Dean asks.

"Working the case, same as you. [points in the direction of the body] Jake Hill, librarian. Went missing yesterday, no relation to the other vic. Coroner already swooped in and scooped up what was left of him."