Chapter Three (Edited)

**Present**
Juliet Age: 21

I closed my eyes and listened to the noises around me. I could hear birds singing, running water, and the fire crackling in the fireplace.

"You are going to freeze to death." Lacy, the maid, said when she saw that I was standing on my balcony with the doors wide open in nothing but a pair of pajama shorts and a t-shirt.

"I'm fine." I signed.

"I know you love winter and snow and the cold but you can't freeze to death." She said pulling me back inside and shutting the doors. "Breakfast is ready anyway."

"I'll be down in a minute."

I have been living in the snowy mountains of Colorado for several years now and I love it. I live with Lacy and my bodyguard, Marco. Our cabin is a hour from the nearest town and it only has about a thousand residents. I am only allowed to go to town with Lacy and Marco when they go shopping every other week.

After we all ate breakfast, I went back upstairs to go get ready to go to town. I put on some leggings, boots, a sweater, and a scarf before going back down.

"Ready to go?" Marco asked.

I nodded.

We got in the car and headed towards the town. We arrived at the store around eleven and spent the next couple hours getting what we needed. Before we left, we stopped by the local diner for lunch.

While we were eating, I noticed two black SUV's parked across the street facing us.

"Marco, those black SUV's were at the grocery store, butcher shop, and now here."

"I know." He said taking a bite of his sandwich.

"You know them?" Lacy asked.

"No, but I am keeping my eye on them." He said.

Nothing else was said as we finished eating. On our way home, I thought everything was okay until I looked back and saw the two SUV's following us.

"Juliet, I want you and Lacy to go inside and go up to your room. I want you to pack light and only the essentials. Understand?"

I nodded.

We got back and did exactly as he said. I packed a small duffel bag and Lacy did the same as fast as we could. We just about to go downstairs when we heard gunshots.

"Run." Lacy said and so we did.

We ran down the stairs and towards the backdoor. We were the only house for miles so we had nowhere to go except the woods or try to make it to the town before we were caught. We had just hit the woods when someone grabbed my arm and spun me around. I instantly started kicking and swinging my arms. I hit the guy once in the face making him very angry and he backhanded me across the face. I knew he had busted my lip when I tasted blood.

Lacy was able to grab a rock and bash him in the head with it, knocking him out on impact. The other men were still a ways away so we started running again.

"This way." Lacy said running behind a giant rock.

Luckily there was enough room for us to squeeze between two large rocks. Thankfully it was pouring the snow down so our tracks were covered. I then watched as Lacy grabbed our bags and buried them under the snow before crouching down and burying herself as best she could.

"It's the only way to be sure that they can't find us." She said so I crouched and started covering myself with snow.

It wasn't but a few minutes later when we heard the men approach.