Chapter Twenty-One (Edited)

A/N:
Buckle up, Buttercups!! It's about to get real!
Don't hate me!
-Anon 🤭

(Juliet's POV)

"I can't believe you're letting me do this." Adrianna said as we walked through the store.

"As I've said before, you're my best friend."

"I know but it's too much."

"No, it's not. Our house is huge, we can do without two bedrooms."

Adrianna and I were baby shopping. We were getting her some basic baby stuff like a crib, changing table, and stuff like that. We're getting it in neutral colors since we don't know what the gender is yet.

It's been a week since Giovanni told her that Nicolai was dead. She didn't cry and she didn't ask how or why. She just nodded and said okay. It was a few days after that that I realized Gio was coming over more than usual.

Vince noticed too but I forbid him from saying anything. Stefano had no problem asking about it and bugging Giovanni about it. Gio smacked him in the face one night for doing it.

We haven't seen her father since Nicolai died either. I asked Vince if he killed him and he said no. He said that Esposito didn't touch me so there was no reason for him to die but they did send him Nicolai's severed hand.

We went to six different stores before we were done and then we went to get dinner.

"Ciao, Bella. Come stai oggi?" Carlo asked.
(Hello, Beautiful. How are you doing today?)

"I'm good. How are you?"

"Perfezionare. Adrianna, è bello rivederti?"
(Perfect. Adrianna, it's nice to see you again.)

"You too, Carlo."

"Shall I go ahead and put in your usuals?"

"Yes, please."

We made small talk as we waited for our food and we talked about anything and everything we could think of.

"You ever going to talk to your father again?"

"I don't think so. He's such a dick."

"He is indeed." I nodded.

"What about you?"

"What?"

"I know your parents were at the party that night."

"I have nothing to say to them. They sold me to settle a debt. You don't do that to your child."

"So you aren't going to meet your sister?"

"You're my sister." I smiled.

We finished eating dinner and we were on our way home when Adrianna asked if we stop by the mall. I'm a fan of shopping so I had no problem with that.

"I'm going to need cute maternity clothes." She said as we walked in.

"Agreed."