Chapter Five (Edited)

After our shower, I slipped on some panties and Vince's t-shirt while he just put his jeans back on. We went back to the bedroom where Vince leaned against the headboard and pulled me on his lap so that I was straddling him.

His hands rested on my hips while mine rested on his chest. His hands then soon began to run up and down my body. It wasn't long until the shirt I was wearing was on the floor.

"You remember what you promised me the last time we were together?" He asked, anger flaring up in his eyes.

I turned towards the window but he grabbed me by the chin and forced me to look at him.

"Do you remember?" He asked.

I nodded.

"What did you promise me?"

I sighed. "That I'd take care of myself."

"Is losing twenty-five pounds taking care of yourself?"

I shook my head. "I'm sorry." I said as a tear rolled down my cheek.

He gently wiped it away. "The only thing that kept me sane in there was knowing that you were safe and taken care of. Turns out, you were neither."

"I was safe for two years and I was taken care of. Marco and Lacy took good care of me. They made sure that I wasn't lonely, that I had some food, and that I got out of the house every once in a while."

"Well I expect you to go back to your old eating habits starting tomorrow."

"What eating habits are those?"

"Eating three meals a day, one of which almost always has bacon involved. Making me take you out to Carlo's at least twice a week and then to the bakery across the street or sending one of the guys out to get it. And, let's not forget about some of your midnight ice-cream cravings. So do we have a deal?"

I smiled and nodded. "Deal. That mean you'll be joining me for every meal?"

"Bambina, you'll be lucky if I ever leave your side."

I grinned. "I'm okay with you never leaving my side."

It was then that someone knocked on the door. I tried to get off of Vince so I could get under the covers but he gripped my hips tight enough to where I couldn't move. He managed to reach the blanket at the end of the bed and wrap it around me.

"What?" He then barked at whoever knocked.

"Can I come in?" A unfamiliar voice asked.

"Make it fast." He snapped.

A man that I'd never seen before opened the door and walked in.

"What do you need?" Vince asked getting annoyed by the fact that the man was staring at me.

The man said and did nothing except continue to stare at me.

"Antonio, what the f*ck do you need? I won't ask again!" Vince yelled snapping the man out of his trance.

"Stefano and the others would like to know if we are leaving tonight or tomorrow."

"Tomorrow. Now get out."

"Yes, sir." The man said as he left and shut the door.

Less than five seconds after the door shut Vince had the blanket off and laying on the floor so that I was once again mostly naked.

"Bambina,"

"Yes?"

"How's your leg?"

"It's okay. Why?" I asked as one hand moved down to my panties.