Chapter Seven (Edited)

I sat in the backseat of the car with Vince beside me. He had one hand on my leg because he was tired of me bouncing it up and down.

When we reached the front gates my leg started bouncing again.

"Bambina, calm down." He said, his lips brushing against my ear as he spoke.

"We haven't been home in two years." I said quietly so the driver wouldn't hear.

"I know but nothing has changed." He chuckled.

Before the driver even had the car in park I had my door open and was out. When I saw Stella, our maid/housekeeper, I ran and grabbed her in a big hug.

"Ms. Bianchi, so good to see you. Colorado was good to you." She smiled.

"Thank you. How've you been?"

"Good. Giovanni keeps me company most days but I'm happy to finally have you back."

"Glad to be back."

"Mr. Bianchi, I'm glad to see that you're home as well." She said as Vince came up behind me. "I made some tea and some dinner."

We followed her to kitchen where we sat at the island and ate.

"So now that you're both back, when can I expect the wedding?" Stella asked making me blush.

When Vince saved me, I was so mad at my parents for selling me to settle a debt, but who wouldn't be, so I decided that I no longer wished to be their daughter. I didn't ask how but Vince managed to get my birth certificate and social security card and a few other things so about three weeks after I got to Vince's house we went changed my last name to his last name. That being said, many believe we are married but we are not. About a month before he was locked up, he took me out and proposed.

"When we figure it out we will let you know." Vince said ending the discussion.

After we ate, I made my way up to our bedroom while he went to his office. It was exactly how we left it. California King sized bed with red silk sheets, two nightstands, black carpet, red walls, and black curtains hanging over the windows and doors to our balcony. Walk-in closest and a connected master bathroom. There was a dresser by the door and beside that was a flat screen TV that hung on the wall.

I walked into the closet to my vanity where my jewelry box sat and opened it. I pulled out my engagement ring as well as two other rings and slid them on. Before I left for Colorado, I put them in the box so I wouldn't lose them while I was away.

I ran downstairs to Vince's office and walked in. He was sitting at his desk looking at something on his laptop. I went over and sat myself on his lap before shutting his laptop.

"And what did you do that for?" He asked leaning back.

"So you'd pay attention to me."

"Can't get enough of me?" He asked with a smirk.

I grabbed his hand that rested on my thigh and began playing with his rings. He had two on his left hand and three on his right.

"I don't want anyone to take you away from me again." I said not looking at him.

"Bambina, look at me." It was a demand.

I looked up at him through my lashes and couldn't help but smile when he held up his pinky.

"I promise you that nothing and no one will take me from you again."

I linked my pinky with his and then leaned to kiss him. He threaded his hand in my hair and pulled me impossibly closer.