Chapter Forty-One

A/N:

I know that this chapter is a little short but bare with me because...

I'm sorry to say this but there is only one chapter after this. 😭😭 The epilogue is next so better start saying goodbye.

But do not fear! The King and Queen will not simply disappear. Oh no! They will be in Knox and Scarlett's story and they will be getting bonus chapters.

That being said let me know what kinds of bonus chapters you'd like to see, besides Vince and Juliet babies because that's already a given.

Comment or message me the things you'd like to see and I'll see what I can do!

Happy reading!

Don't forget to vote and comment and share with your friends!

-Anon🤭😭🙃

~~~~~~~~~~~
(Vince's POV)

"I missed on purpose." I said as he looked at the bullet that was in the wall.

"What would Juliet think if you shot me?"

"She wouldn't give two f*cks." I said just as the door opened and Juliet and Maxim walked in.

"We heard a gun go off." Maxim said looking around.

"Yeah, that crazy motherf*cker almost shot me!" Ivan exclaimed.

I rolled my eyes. "The keyword there is almost."

Juliet came around my desk and stood by my side.

"I'm not going to Russia with you." She said.

"Juliet," Ivan started but she held up her hand.

"No," she said firmly. "You are my father but you're not my dad. You weren't there when I was growing up. It's really all kind of your fault that I'm in this world. You broke up with my mom and sent her packing. She ran from your family because they were trying to kill her and she gave me up to save me. You have no right telling Vince or me where I should be and go. I'm the safest person on this planet when I'm by his side."

"But I do not have enemies in Russia. None that would try to harm you, anyway. Vince has enemies everywhere."

"Either except the fact that I am not leaving with you or get out and don't come back." She said as I grabbed her hand in mine.

Ivan let out a sigh and gave her a small smile. "You're so stubborn just like your mother."

"You can visit as much as you like and I'll come visit you but this is my home."

"I understand." He nodded before looking at me. "You keep my daughter safe or else I'll come back and shoot your crazy ass."

"You don't scare me, Kostas."

"Does anything scare you?" He asked before turning and walking out with Maxim behind him.

I looked up at my wife. I brought her hand up and kissed the back of it.

"Losing you scares me." I said honestly.

She gave me a smile. "Losing you scares me too."

"Want to go get some dinner?" I asked standing from my seat.

She nodded. "Carlo's?"

"Where else?"

We arrived at Carlo's and went right to our table.

"It's been so long since I seen you!" He exclaimed as he pulled Juliet into a hug.

"I've missed you too." She chuckled.

"You speak? She speaks!" He said smiling. "She sounds like an angel. You're lucky that you're married to her and I'm married to my wife."

"Why is that?" I asked grinning.

"Because if neither of us were married, she'd be all mine." He said playfully.

I laughed and so did Juliet.

"What can I get you? Your usual?" He asked.

I nodded.

"I'll have it right out."

"Thank you."

"Of course." He said before walking away.

"Do you think Gio knows yet?" She asked softly.

I sighed. "Probably."

"Think he's okay?"

"I don't know, Tesoro. Giovanni is a private man who doesn't trust or love easily. I imagine that all these events will set him back a good bit."

"Anything we could do for him?"

"No, Tesoro. He will want to handle it all on his own."

She nodded. "Okay."

"So I was thinking," I said trying to take her mind off of the whole situation.

"Thinking about what?" She grinned leaning across the table a little ways.

"We should head off to the villa in Italy for a week."

"Really?"

"Really."

"Just for a week?"

"Well then we could go to Greece, then Paris or Rome, and anywhere else."

"Just travel for weeks?"

I nodded. "That sound good to you?"

"That sounds amazing but are you sure? You sure you can be away from work for that long?"

"I'm positive but if need be then I can work from wherever we are."

She gave me one of the biggest smiles I have ever seen on her face. "You are the most amazing husband ever." 

"And you are the most amazing wife."

"When we get back..." she started with a grin.

"When we get back what?"

"When we get back from our travels we can work on starting our family."

It was my turn to smile. "Yes, Bambina. When we get back we can start our family."

We ate our meal, talked, joked around, and then headed off to the bakery for dessert before heading home where I showed my wife just how much I love her and what she means to me.